Need ac help asap!!!

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by ITMONEY, Aug 2, 2012.

1. ITMONEY

ITMONEY Enthusiast

Well I figured out what was wrong with my AC....blower motor was full of leaves. Here's my problem....I broke the evaporator hose and I can't find one anywhere. :brickknock: Can someone please help me find it online?

2. ITMONEY

ITMONEY Enthusiast

OK so I tried to take out the evaporator and I can't get the bottom hose off so I can pull it through the firewall. Its the hose on the bottom of the evaporator. Any suggestions?

3. eurofreak2002

eurofreak2002 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    80 STD SR5 LB, bagged! The new whip!
    Hope someone chimes in, I want to remove my entire AC system cause I dont use it and honestly its in my way for my intercooler and turbo piping. There are a few things on there that seem impossible to get to or to take off. Kinda irritating! Best of luck to ya, Oh yah was gonna say most fitting places that also sell hose and stuff can pretty much make you that pipe with new fittings just take in old one and you might have to make the bends yourself but they can get you fitting and lenght usually

4. ITMONEY

ITMONEY Enthusiast

Yeah man taking all that out is a headache. I think im going to have to get a new bottom evaporator housing. Theres a small hard peice of pipe that comes out of it that the drain hose goes over.....the hard peice on the housing is what I broke. So now I have to find one :verdict_in:

5. ITMONEY

ITMONEY Enthusiast

Does anybody have an evap housing that they dont need or arent using?

6. EasNitN38

EasNitN38 Member

I just had mine out to fix a small leak and it's not hard to take out. The blower motor box is the tricky bastard. The "hose" on the bottom of the box is the drain to the outside. There is a metal tube that fits inside the rubber that is attached to the evap box. The tube should just pull out. Be carefully not to bend ur lines that go to the evap core cause to stand the chance on breaking the small tube which is connected to ur expansion valve inside the evap box.

Let me kno if ur still havin trouble and I can walk ya thru it

7. ITMONEY

ITMONEY Enthusiast

Well I wasnt going to take the evap box out until I broke that hard line that comes out of the bottom that the drain line goes over. Now I have to take it out to fix that but the trouble im having is unscrewing the bottom evap hose line under the hood. I got the top one with the expansion valve off but cant seem to get the lower one to separate so I can pull the evap box out. Im hoping i can fix that hard line at the bottom of the evap housing pretty easy if I can ever get the **** thing out.

8. EasNitN38

EasNitN38 Member

U can move the upper one a lil bt to make room. I ended up using cresent wrenches to get it off. Its a puzzle to get the wrenchs to where they wont slip. Plan on gettin new orings for those lines b4 u re assemble

9. ITMONEY

ITMONEY Enthusiast

Man im glad you said that because I would have forgotten the O-Rings for sure. Any auto parts store should have em right?

10. EasNitN38

EasNitN38 Member

Ya I go to napa and they should get ya fixed up no problem. Make sure u tell em that it's for ac cause if they are an idiot they might give u regular orings instead. The new ones should be green in color