Hello from Iowa !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Wile E. Toyote, Jun 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Wile E. Toyote

Wile E. Toyote Newbie

Truck:
    1995 Shortbox Pickup
    My name is Tony, i am from Murray Iowa. I have loved Toyota mini trucks since i was a kid, i am 43 now i just bought my very first one 2 weeks ago...a 1995 short bed base pickup, wish i would have bought one years ago. I have only had it for 2 weeks so for now it is pretty much bone stock as i have been doing some repairs on it, and it's my first Toyota so i am not to familiar with what all is out there, what fits, what don't, so i am still learning.
    I have put four new Cooper tires on it, all new shocks, new belt, valve cover gasket set, WIX air and oil filters, new headlights, new sway bar end links, oil change, and it came with new exhaust but i had to get it welded up since it was a bolt on home job and it leaked so bad i thought it was going to kill me when i sat at stop lights, lol. Being an Iowa truck it has quit a bit of rust on the frame, but luckily only one small hole that will be an easy fix, the tranny cross member is rusted away at the bottom and will need fixed. The body is great, one small dent on top of the cab, and one little dent in the tailgate. I just finished the new stereo 2 days ago...priorities ! :thinking: I added a pair of GTO series JBL speakers in the dash with a 10 inch Kicker in a ported box behind the seat, and a 500W monoblock amp, seems to be a bit much for the little cab but i'll live.
    I bought a topper for it a few days ago but after 2 days i broke the back window trying to move it..:brickknock:
    I wanted the topper to camp in my truck, i love to do some overnight catfishing trips, or just go a for a cruise to some random camp area and spend a night at the lake. It's a daily driver, my camping and fishing truck, i don't plan on hauling anything with it.
    I am going to order 3 inch lowering blocks for the rear today, then do an upper BJ flip, and level it out using the torsion bars. I live in rural Iowa so i can't get to low or ill get stuck in the potholes.
    I also want to put 350z wheels on it, i think, i don't know just how big they are, i just know they look awesome, and i think maybe some LED tail lights might be possible too, who knows what else...i don't.

I hope to learn a lot here, as i Google Toyota stuff this site has popped up a lot. I am looking forward to browsing photos and lord knows, i will be cruising the how to forums. :runaway:

Wile E. Toyote

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have only owned it for 2 weeks, so i still have a long ways to go...and a lot to learn.

2. fred.d.k

fred.d.k Enthusiast

Welcome to the site! Body does look good!

3. Wile E. Toyote

Wile E. Toyote Newbie

Truck:
    1995 Shortbox Pickup
    Thanks, happy to be here !

4. BgDckasuaras_85

BgDckasuaras_85 Member

Truck:
    85 pickup 2wd
    Welcome! Clean looking truck and love the fuzzy dice.

Wile E. Toyote likes this.
  5. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Welcome to TM bro! Clean little truck you got there

6. Wile E. Toyote

Wile E. Toyote Newbie

Truck:
    1995 Shortbox Pickup
    Thanks ! It's a work in progress but after only owning it for 2 weeks i wish i would have bought one years ago, i love this pickup.

7. Wile E. Toyote

Wile E. Toyote Newbie

Truck:
    1995 Shortbox Pickup
    Thanks ! Haha, gotta have the old school dice. I had to order them from Amazon to get red, came in a big box and the UPS guy asked if i ordered an empty box since they weight nothing. :ROFL:

8. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome aboard:cool:

9. Wile E. Toyote

Wile E. Toyote Newbie

Truck:
    1995 Shortbox Pickup
    Thanks !