Headliner

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by TRUCK ACTION, Feb 21, 2008.

1. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Any body change out their headliner, want to remade mine,it's a bow type now,thinking of tiring to made a hard panel type. Found headliner panel's made of ABS ,not for Toyota's,thinking I can cut to fit,cover with high density form,than material !

2. cEElint

cEElint Enthusiast

Truck:
    '91 Yota STD
    fiberglass and paint it

3. GrantH

GrantH Addict

seems like if you cut them a little big it would curve a little, and give it some shape, plastic "weld" that, some of the plastic adhesive (say like 40/40 duramix) and it would hold shape. good luck!

4. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    ? headliner ?

Hey Gary, Did you find anything else out or have you decided on anything ?

:)

5. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Yeah, I just cut a pattern out for red vinyl for each conner (only one side was torn), & contacted over the existing vinyl. Looks ok for now,will redo the whole thing later.
    I'll post some photo's. Getting ready to leave for Danger Zone this weekend.
    Went to the GoodGuys show Sat., can't enter the show as have to be American built or powered, but have been putting my truck in front of F.B.I.'s booth, but Goodguys wouldn't let me do it this time!! No non American vehicles!! Ready sucks,as I have been going to their shows for 18 years, I'm a member & showed my truck 4 times before!:cool: Rule changes bite!!

6. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Okay . . .

Kewlness, cant wait to see them. Anyways, I just have to vent a little here . . . It just totally pisses me off that I hear more and more " american car/trucks ". Well, you know what. Toyota ( currently ) is one of just a handfull actually making their trucks/cars in the USA, not all but millions more than FORD - Chevy - Dodge, and some arragant people just assume that the name is American so, " Hey gotta have er' " I have nothing against America at all, just hate the freaking idea of hearing day to day that some of the " american " vehicles are exclusively US, Fact be told that currently Toyota is part of an American revolution of its own, and its just chaps my a** to hear lies by the other BIG 3 ! I understand that some of our models were built in Canada and Japan, but, some of us hardcore enthusiasts built our stuff in America with blood, sweat, tears and hard earned American cash. Also, if you claim to be an American auto maker, build that sh*t in America with ALL American made parts and ALL American workers ( that need the jobs ) and quit bullsh*tting your customers . . . " Okay, Im done ! " :D

7. patriotpop

patriotpop Addict

Truck:
    94 2wd
    DAM...Hit the nail on the head with that one........way to go....couldn't agree more :) :D :) :D

8. Procplus

Procplus Newbie

Truck:
    84 xcab 89 xcab
  9. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Thanks for posting that, but if I change it ,it will be to a hard style. Will have to make it myself,as there aren't any for this year! :cool:

10. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Anything new, I so wanna do my headliner and still looking for ideas and/or pictures ( Gary, you have em' ? - Quit holing out man :) )

11. grounds671

grounds671 Veteran

Truck:
    1995 pickup std
    i have did mine using plywood,adhesive and staples and thats it. sorry no pics atm. ill post some tomorrow if i get a chance. i used double sided tape to hold it up and it still have never fallen off yet. i used hard plastic vinyle i got a fabric store.

12. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    For now I just cut a pattern from red vinyl to cover the torn area ( one conner), & contacted to both corners. Looks finished & solves the problem for now. Into the winder I may try & redo the whole thing!!
    I'll get some photo's up!:cool:

13. trap

trap Addict

Truck:
    92 pickup
    I had a bow type suede headliner sewn up by my local interior shop, it cost me $100 and I put it in myself with some spray glue , a plastic pry tool, a philips screwdriver and some razors.... I did get hooked up on the headliner for working local, but the highest quote I got was 200 not hooked up... still has to be cheaper then the materials you would use to make a 1 piece headliner and wrap it.... if you are going to bother pulling out the headliner DYNAMAT and DYNALINER under it or you just wasted your time.

14. patriotpop

patriotpop Addict

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Same here!

15. 85toy_oldskool

85toy_oldskool Newbie

Hey, do you know if there is a hard liner for an 85 pickup single cab?

I like the idea of the hardliner for a couple of reasons. 1) No sagging, my liner is the original and has faded and is starting to bow a little.
    2) Someone maybe (lownloud) mentioned the dampener like you would use in the floorboard for the sound dampening. Would you need to modify the headliner edge trim to accomodate the dampener or would you just cut the dampener to the headliner edge trim?

peace
    oldskool:cool:

16. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I so should have taken pictures when I did my Dynamat. What I did is remove the rear part of the liner from the back window, and released the bows to expose the roof. I then applied 1 layer of dynamat to the steel of the roof & cut out where it was needed, then I reinstalled the liner as original and then, after it was all back up I started debating on how to change it over to a hardboard design with fabric. Mind that the dynamat was a excellent decision based on sound vibration and outside noise. Its so quite with the music off, I can't hear the motor running except for the fact that I can feel it :) Work in Progress here, itll happen thou'. Im counting my nickels and dimes for my air setup and gathering parts for my 77' that will become a cruiser with no roof & joined cab and bed . . .

17. patriotpop

patriotpop Addict

Truck:
    94 2wd
    I like the part about counting your nickels and dimes.........ain't that the truth when you own a MINI!!!!!:D :D :D