Bagging my 70' hilux

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by driftwhat, May 10, 2011.

1. driftwhat

driftwhat Member

Truck:
    1970 toyota hilux
    Hey fellow enthusiast! I'm planning on dropping and bagging my lil 1970 hulix. I'm thinking about going Kp re-5. This is gonna be my first and I'm not so sure where to start. I also don't want to cut my bed or fender weld too because I want the body to look original but slam. Please leave your suggestions and comments. What I need, where to start, how to make it and Ect... I'm really hoping to post a build thread soon and trust me I won't disappoint you guys! I would really appreciate it and thanks alot!

2. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    I'm gonna be the first an probably only to say no to KP. In my opinion waste of money. Run an re-6 upfront bigger the bag the better. Will take less psi to lift an ride better

3. layedout94

layedout94 Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 toyota hilux
    well your gonna hafta cut the bed sorry bud u can do a raised bed floor it will look ver similar to stick

4. yota4life

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    Ya raised bed floor will make it look stock an if it's very minimal then mos won't even notice it

5. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Guna need bags, compressor(s), valves, tank, water traps, check valves, and figure out your link set up. Your going to HAVE TO cut. Raised bed floor would be perfect and the closest to OEM looking. The front, well that going to be up to u. Its guna be cut but u can still tub it so there aint a gaping hole there

6. driftwhat

driftwhat Member

Truck:
    1970 toyota hilux
    Thanks alot for the support guys. Any more suggestions would greatly be apreciated!

7. yota4life

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    Compressors go with viair one of there dual packs I personally like 380s but heard the 444s are great. Bags go with slam specialties. Valves asco smc an gc extreme are good. Air tank go with a 7 gallon little more play time than a 5