Anyone using Gabriel HiJackers?

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by LilRed93, Jul 29, 2015.

1. LilRed93

LilRed93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Pickup
    Thinking of getting the Gabriel Hijackers. Anyone using them? Are they worth getting? Mainly using them for keeping my truck level hauling heavy stuff. I don't like my truck bottoming out on bumps and what not. :waytogo:

2. aaron_sk

aaron_sk Enthusiast

Truck:
    '94 Regular cab
    I have Monroe 727s on mine and have been pretty happy with them.

Air shocks transfer part of the load off of the spring and onto the shock mount. If all you are doing is moving a motorcycle or some tools you will be fine, but if you running a landscaping business or something and you are actually overloading the truck all the airshocks will do is break the shock mounts off the frame.

If your rear drop is all block you will be fine, but if you have an altered pack you will kill either the shock, the mount, or both.

Don't run air in them unless you need it. I run mine between 25psi (minimum operational pressure) and 35psi when emtpy. Maybe 50psi with a load. This reduces the stress on the mounts and smooths out the ride since they will make it harsher.

3. LilRed93

LilRed93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Pickup
    Probably the most weight I'll put in it is around 600-800 lbs. Mainly a 4 wheeler.