A/C Help Again!

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by ITMONEY, Aug 5, 2012.

1. ITMONEY

ITMONEY Enthusiast

Ok so heres the rundown....I took out the old evaporator housing in my 90 model because the drain hose broke. Here is what it looks like..... IMG_20120805_162857.jpg

IMG_20120805_162902.jpg

So I went to the local junkyard and pulled this one out of a 93. I couldnt find one that looked identical to mine.
    IMG_20120805_162918.jpg

My question is, the controls on the top of the one i pulled out of the 93 are completely different. It has the box on the top with the idle up knob and the pigtail on the left is different from what is under my dash.
    IMG_20120805_162921.jpg

IMG_20120805_162930.jpg

So what I need to know is can I use this housing?
    What do I do about the pigtail on the left that will not plug into what is existing under my dash?
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. dillinja666

dillinja666 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I gots no truck, for now
    Looks like to completly different control systems, I dont think you will be able to adapt that one over.

Like yours is a mechanical style control of the A/C clutch while the newer one is an electric style.

3. ITMONEY

ITMONEY Enthusiast

Well I looked again and if I can get the pigtail that will connect on the left side everything else will be the same I think. This is so frustrating.....I just havent ever seen a evap housing like mine before. All the ones ive seen look like the one I got out of the 93. Something has to work with this setup.

4. ITMONEY

ITMONEY Enthusiast

Nobody has any input on this?

5. EasNitN38

EasNitN38 Member

My 90 has the same as the one u just got but the idle up switch doesnt work do to me deleteing all the vacumn switches and smog crap. Did ur truck come factory with ac? Cause it looks like someone has added it. U might snap a pic of ur compressor to give me an idea of what ur workin with.
    Ill help ya the best i can man

6. ITMONEY

ITMONEY Enthusiast

Ok so after looking at the bottom of my evap housing...it is an aftermarket A/C. Its from a company called frigette. After seeing this I just decided to try and fix the original evap housing. I used some plastic glue and glued the drain hose back on the bottom of the fitting and it seems to be holding well. I put some liquid rubber seal over it just in case and im going to install it tomorrow. Ill post pics as soon as I can. Thanks again for the help.

7. EasNitN38

EasNitN38 Member

No prob man. Glad to help!