22r power steering pump vacuum lines

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by Squeezethis, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Squeezethis

Squeezethis Newbie

Truck:
    88 pickup RWD
    been resealing and redoing everything on my power steering setup. previous owner said he put it in cuz the truck is a base model and i can tell he did cuz he did a half ass job on a lot of stuff. was working ok, but was leaking here n there, so i resealed it the pump, cleaned up the bracket, repainted it, cleaned up the age old grimy/rusted reservoir, putting new lines in, got new vacuum lines..... but ever since i had it worked and i kinda left it alone, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. but yea, but now i wanna hook up the vacuum lines to where they are suppose to mount up to on the manifold or wherever they are suppose to mount up to.... unless it really is suppose to loop??? can't find pics of it anywhere in my service manual or online anywhere. and have had the air cleaner off a lot to look for any random vacuum ports that have been plug or any T's that have plugs on them but no luck. only one i believe i got plugged is for the a/c which i dont have.

pic was taken b4 i cleaned it all up b4 my TG toyota to GM alternator conversion

Attached Files:

2. Robert m

Robert m Addict

Truck:
    '94 single cab, 22re, 5spd
    All the vacuum line does it bump up the RPMs a little bit at idle when you turn the steering wheel. If its not bogging down now then I wouldn't even bother. I ran my truck with the lines capped for a few months after doing the conversion and didnt really notice any improvement after putting the lines on. I would take the looped hose off and just put caps on.

3. Squeezethis

Squeezethis Newbie

Truck:
    88 pickup RWD
    Ya they plugged for now IMAG1563.jpg cuz I gotta go n smog my truck soon. Power steering isn't fully rebuilt/restored yet anyways. Just got my new idler bearing in the mail today. So I should have power steering done this week hopefully. I kinda miss it while parking.

got pics of where them vacuum lines do hook up tho?

*note* ignore the bigass pcv hose at the rear. Waiting for the stupid expensive replacement to come in after I found how brittle my old one was when I replaced the pcv n grommet the other day. $24 for a freaking molded hose ... :sigh:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016