1978 SR5

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Matt, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Matt

Matt Newbie

Hello Everyone. New to the forum and hope the site is resourceful. I recently purchased a 1978 SR5 short box truck. First time in 25 years I have been back to the 1970s trucks. I had a 1977 I bought in 1987 when in high school. Sold it in 1992 after it became a 4x4. 25 years later these trucks are much more rare and so much harder to find parts for now. Thankfully mine is in very good shape and needs very little at this time. First thing I need to do is lift it back up to stock. The roads here in Denver Colorado will destroy this truck if left lowered. Hoping to find a good set of stock front coil springs soon. The following link is a photo documentation the previous owner did from the point it was found completely bone stock 2 years ago stored away for many years in Arizona. The photo collection shows the build from stock to its current state now. Photos aren't in order, but its pretty easy to tell the older photos at the beginning and the newest ones with it finished.
    http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/mmccul3797/slideshow/1978 SR5 Toyota Truck

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Welcome to TM

3. fred.d.k

fred.d.k Enthusiast

Wow! Great truck. Welcome!