1975 toyota carpeting and weatherstriping

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Coleslaw31, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Coleslaw31

Coleslaw31 Member

Truck:
    1975 Toyota Hi-Lux SR5
    Well I found a 1975 toyota sr5 and am currently trying to make it road worthy. The thing I learned about this truck is this model is far and few between in South Carolina and most dont even know what the "hi-lux" is. I want to replace the weatherstripping and I just didnt know what is a good site to buy from and what to look for. Also it needs carpet and all the sites I have looked at say "77-79" toyota which I thought the 75 body style stayed till 78. Any advice is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. 77yoter

77yoter Veteran

Truck:
    77 sr5 shortbed, 81 shortbed, 90 4x4
    have you tried parts train.com

3. Coleslaw31

Coleslaw31 Member

Truck:
    1975 Toyota Hi-Lux SR5
    Yeah I just wast sure of the quality of it. I was mostly having trouble finding the pieces that go on the inside and outside that sandwhiches the window glass in place and for the carpet I have not found any actual molded carpet just mats.

4. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    Just browsed around too and all that I came up with is 77 and up. Yours is the same body style, more than likely it will fit and they probably just offer 77 and up picking it randomly and not actually taking the time to see its the same body style. If you really want to be safe, more pricey but have it custom cut and molded from an upholstry shop, thats what I am going to have done when the interior times comes, mines going to be a dark brown plush pile carpeting including all areas, floor, rear wall, kick plates, under door panel ect. I' read about one truck, Mazda I think, quite a while ago that had Bently black plush carpet, very classy!

Good luick

5. Coleslaw31

Coleslaw31 Member

Truck:
    1975 Toyota Hi-Lux SR5
    Thanks, I figured that was it was but wasn't sure. The panels i was going to go with vinyl just to keep that 1970's feel haha. I enjoy this body style a lot and am lucky it was kept up well so nothing major with the inside needs to be done other than carpet and seats, even has the original koito headlights

6. toy_boy

toy_boy Addict

Truck:
    1979 Toyota 4x4
  7. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    ebay usually has plenty of molded carpet kits. the sellers will also sell you yardage of the same roll they use for the floor to use for back walls, kick panels, ect if you ask. little extra charge but its a perfect match. and have them send it untrimmed. so there arent any holes for seatbelts, pedals, shifters, or trimmed around the edges. that way if theres a slight difference in floor pans because of the older motor/tranny combos it wont cause as many issues.

and post some bigger photos. theres a growing group of us 74-78 guys on here. and we know how to get them cleaned up and dropped nicely. :D im the lowest static...and i love it. hahaha.

8. JOE_1985

JOE_1985 Veteran

Truck:
    87 custom
    for my 87 i went to a carpet shop and got a big section of gray indoor/outdoor lowpile carpet and that house insuation pad thats green and carpeted my truck, wasnt hard and its super comfy plus noise reducing

heres the link, mines the one toward the bottom of the page

http://toyotaminis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2371&page=2

cost me 40 dollars

9. ShoNuff

ShoNuff Toyotaholic

Truck:
    75 hilux, 80 4x4
    77 carpets will fit just fine in a 74-76.

watch out tho, a lot of kits i looked at were for a bench seat, so the carpet stops under the seats, which sucks for buckets

10. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    good point. make sure it says full carpet, or ask them if it isnt clear. they might be able to leave you a couple extra feet to hit the cab wall.

11. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    so comfy you drive barefoot

12. Comrade_Charlie

Comrade_Charlie Veteran

Truck:
    1973 Hilux
    Whats up no one is rocken the bench seat?

truck is all messy, and mine needs to be redone, that hole is getting bigger :D Im not getting rid of it, all I own is bucket seats, want something different.
    [​IMG]

And Joe, I saw those seats and I instantly knew what they were, my buddy has a 88 alltrac celica 4wd, was riding in it yesterday, those seats are nice.

13. toy_boy

toy_boy Addict

Truck:
    1979 Toyota 4x4

My 79' had a bench. Now, my 77' SR5 came with two seats - stock. I actually like the bench a wee bit more. Just a matter of personal preference, I guess.

Anyone know are the bench seats just bolt-on replacements to the 2-seaters, and vice versa?

14. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    Yup. minor hole drilling if ever neccessary

as for my 94, i have the split bench