15x8.5 fit with regular fenders n bed?

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by JOE_1985, Jan 8, 2013.

1. JOE_1985

JOE_1985 Veteran

Truck:
    87 custom
    I have stumbled across a good deal on some deep dish mags. But I am unsure if they will fit my truck with the standard bed n front fenders. The guy states they are 15x8.5 -20 offset. But he said its hard to read but seems like neg 20, but if its +20 will it fit?

Thanks

2. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

I'm guessing +20, which is still a pretty low offset. We need to know what the setup is on your truck. basically, is your truck lowered? And if so, how much, or what drop parts are on it? My guess is, if you're beyond about 3/4 they're going to stick out to far to tuck inside the fenders. 8-1/2" is wide and +20 will make it even harder.

However, judging from your small signature, it looks like you "might" be able to get away with it. You look lowered, but still high enough to where they may work.

My theory is, you never really know until you mount one and see what you get. You can do the math all day but nothing beats actually mounting them. It's what I had to do at Big O tires to see if my 18x9 +36 would work on my 5/7 drop. My standard rear fender trim and some front 4x4 fenders allowed me to run em.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  3. beyondspexj

beyondspexj Addict

Truck:
    85 Pickup
    -20 won't fit on a regular rear bed, upfront you would need to roll/flare the fenders.
    But liked beefed said, mount them up on one side and take a good look.

4. JOE_1985

JOE_1985 Veteran

Truck:
    87 custom
    Ill see, prob is truck is outta commission at the moment so it'll be up to the seller if he will lemme test fit.

I'm lowered on static drop stock arms with 3inch blocks in the rear and cranked torsions

5. Madness

Madness Enthusiast

They will stick out past the fenders about 1 inch with a -20 offset. They will stick out about 1/4" with a -20 offset. Depending on how low the front of your truck is you may be able to get away with it. The lower you go with a torsion bar crank the more negative caber you will have.

I'm running a 15x8, 0 offset and they fit just about flush with my 2wd fenders. I'm actually thinking of running a 25.4mm (1 inch) spacer and rolling my fenders a bit.

If you run the "proper width" tire you'll rub like crazy. Go for something a bit narrower like a 195/50 or a 185/55 you should be good.