Windshield Wiper Noise

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by Yotalover, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Yotalover

Yotalover Newbie

I drive an '83 Toyota Pickup. My wipers started making a horrible sound. I bought a new motor and replaced it, what I felt was successfully. It worked for about an hour or so and than started making that awful sound again. I had no choice but to use them, and then on the way to work they stopped working all together. When I got home from work I took it all apart again, cleaned everything and poked around a bit. I put it all back together again, it worked once (making that sound), and has now, again, quit all together.

Can anyone shed some light on what the problem might be?

I am new to this forum, but am very interested in learning how to work on my truck myself.

Anything will help. Thanks

2. HOSHPOSH

HOSHPOSH Enthusiast

Truck:
    83' Hilux(sold), 88' Fordyota(sold), 79' Hilux(sold)
    I have and 83' also and mine make a very loud noise and chirp of bump up and down whole moving missing spots and causing streaks. Also my water sprays directly onto my wiper blades instead of above them onto the windshield. I dont know the answer to your question except maybe buy new parts altogether and see if that helps. It also may be some form of wiring issue :drunk:

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    What type of sound is it? And if ur wiper blades are skipping and leaving streaks then the blades are bad.

4. Yotalover

Yotalover Newbie

thanks for the feeback guys.

Nope, definitely not the wipers. They are fairly new. The sound is coming from the motor area. I'm almost thinking that it could be something electrical. Only because I can see a flutter in the dash lights when I'm trying to turn the wipers on.

5. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Well what kind of sound does it make? That and 83's didnt have a great electrical system

6. randy20r

randy20r Member

Truck:
    1976 toyota pickup
    u need new nylon bushings under your cowl for your wiper transmition