? windshield trim ?

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by lownloud, Dec 21, 2007.

1. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    Okay, okay, who knows where to get the 1984 - 1988 toyota pickup windshield trim, or how to get them cleaned up and rechromed? The clips you can find all over, but I'm finding it really fun trying to find replacements, Im sure most people just clean them up and send them to be rechromed. Anyone ? ? ?

:)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619563

2. PERTANO

PERTANO Newbie

Are yours rusty? If so I can probably find a set out here in the junkyards in So-Cal. If they're just dingy then polish those bad boys with buffing wheel. My brother does all my polishing in his garage. Comes out pretty good. And that is with just a Sears bench top grinder with a polishing wheel. Well that is just on all the trim pieces I have. The wheels will be sent out. :)

3. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    thank you for responding ! actually, mine just have the black coating on them, it appears to be paint but it is black. Im thinking I could chemically remove that then buff em out or have them rechromed, lotsa work wither way, oh plus $. Ide rather finda decent used and/or new kit . . .

4. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    anyone . . .

Okay, okay, who knows where to get the 1984 - 1988 toyota pickup windshield trim, or how to get them cleaned up and rechromed? The clips you can find all over, but I'm finding it really fun trying to find replacements, Im sure most people just clean them up and send them to be rechromed. Anyone ? ? ?

:)

Anyone else got some ideas or sources ? the windshield clips I can get off of EBAY, but, these are being a booger . . .

5. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    These are stainless & can be polished out,the biggest problem is the small rubber edging that seals against the body gets ruined with age or when polishing!
    My Toyota dealer told me he could find only two complete sets in the US ,so I had him get me a set,these are pretty expensive, $480 for all 8 pieces,they cut me a deal $225 for all! Come with all new clips!:cool:

6. MTB68TOY

MTB68TOY Addict

Truck:
    93-2wd 2.5/3drop, 87-4wd22RTE, 06GTOls2, 08FJCruiserTT(Daily)
    I have a used set... no clips or the afore mentioned rubber trim pieces... they are the bare steel ones not black....

7. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    If I not mistaken, even the ones with paint on them are stainless,& they all have the rubber edging. You can wire wheel the edging off if it's bad,but you'll have a gap. :cool:

8. Badlux

Badlux Enthusiast

Truck:
    87 xtra cab
    I worked at a bodyshop for 10 yrs and evertime we had to remove a winshield on these trucks, they would replace it with a thick rubber type moulding. Really ugly.