Whats going on here?

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by YOguyDA, Sep 3, 2013.

1. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    So, a few years ago i swung my truck around a corner in the rain and laid my whole bed side down under an f-350 :doah:

I found a bobbed bed on cl for $100 but its needs some body work.... Can anyone tell me what they think? I have no body work experience, but i'm skilled in everything i put my mind to, if that helps at all :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CREETIN247

CREETIN247 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Std
    I think you got one HELL of a deal!! :headbang: All the beds I find here are $$$$$$$ and still aren't in good shape!! Body work isn't to bad to learn the basics! Great site for products and the forum is BOSS!! AutoBody101

3. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    Well, I haven't gotten it yet... the seller lives a few hours away and has a toyota truck hobby to fund, so he parts out toyota trucks. He makes a trip every month down to my neck of the woods to deliver parts, so I've been inquiring about this bed.

Just wanted someone with body work experience to see the pics and give me some encouragement or tell me that the bed is a hack job and not worth trying to fix, lol.

Either way, its in better shape than my current bed, and you said it "cheap!".

4. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    Anybody in the Sacramento area need parts? CL search "corning" and you will find his posts. Good guy, and actually responds to emails....

5. CREETIN247

CREETIN247 Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 Std
    Gotcha! Personally I'd JUMP ON IT!!! The only thing wrong with it is the right tail light looks like it was mudded aha, but that's nothing some sanding won't fix! Here's what I'm about to start on this weekend!!

Attached Files:

6. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    Damn! Looks like a project that's for sure!