Weird Brake leak issue.

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by TheRookie, Sep 5, 2009.

1. TheRookie

TheRookie Member

Truck:
    77 Pickup
    So i have been driving my 77 pickup recently and the other day i was driving to a friends house, My carb is not running perfect yet and i have an automatic, i have to give it some gas at complete stops. Anyways on my way to my friends the brakes started going spongy and close to the floor to engauge. Finally after i was done at my friends place there was a big puddle of fluid under the truck. I checked all wheels but the fluid came from the front of the master cylinder resivour vented rubber cover. I lossed about half my resivour of fluid and it turned a darker shade. After letting it sit for a little bit, brakes worked fine and no more leaking. Did i boil the fluid? Any Idea whats wrong?

2. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    mine used to do the same thing. they have a rebuild kit for them or rebuilt masters. but i found a junkyard 81 with a clean booster and fresh looking master. i put both on. works alot better now. and its a smaller booster so i can get a little more inner fender clearance. i had reworked mine to directly against the stock giant one. when you do it, i found i had to use my little brake lever thing (slightly longer) and the weird spacer for the firewall, so it clears that ridge. plus people all ask where it came from since it has one fluid cup not two.

3. TheRookie

TheRookie Member

Truck:
    77 Pickup
    So should i get a rebuilt one then?

4. bootleg

bootleg Enthusiast

Truck:
    1990 4-speed
    rebuilt or replacement, something should be done before a fellow mini gets re-ended:eyecrazy: also I would check your fuel filter might fix your carb issue, I had a mini that did that, felt like a idiot when i figured it out:shrug: