Weber Sidedraft Rebuild - Recommendations

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Frinzo, May 21, 2023.

1. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Hey everyone,

Does anyone have a place they would recommend to have weber sidedrafts sent to for rebuild and rejetting? I have the 40mm. Truck has been sitting for many years and dnt want to risk damage. I didnt fuel prep it before storage.

Yes, i have googled search and found a few websites, but i would still like recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

2. _Quickfox

_Quickfox Enthusiast

No idea how they compare to what you can find elsewhere, but give Marco a call at (520) 917-5050 Carburetors & Fuel Injection in Tucson, AZ very helpful

3. _Quickfox

_Quickfox Enthusiast

Also, you prolly want a new tank; venturi on quad * /: dual carbs ( : * have got to be tiny.

If ur tank seems pretty okay, maybe just a drop down filter installed close to the tank.

Last edited: May 21, 2023
  4. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Thanks.

Yea, i am redoing the whole fuel system. As it hasnt had one since i took the truck apart to bare frame to POR-15 coat the whole frame.

_Quickfox likes this.
  5. _Quickfox

_Quickfox Enthusiast

Smart; truck in the thumbnail?

6. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Yes, but that is a very old pic (+10yrs). I cant bring myself to part ways with it.

7. _Quickfox

_Quickfox Enthusiast

Always thought that was a great looking truck

8. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Thanks, will get it back on the road and will be even better. I plan to probly paint match it to my Tundra (Blazing Blue Peral). Seen another tundra owner do it and love the look

_Quickfox likes this.
  9. _Quickfox

_Quickfox Enthusiast

Nice! That is a good color; I like some of Toyotas toy box colors they have in recent years.

You give Marco a call? Promise he's a big help, does lots of Webers..not sure about side draft, but smart dood!

10. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Unless you need to do the butterflies and bearings doing it yourself wouldn't be bad. If the jets are already in the ballpark with info available online no real need to send them in. Something like a ultrasonic cleaner may be the buy. You can find a carburetor calculator online to compare your jets to the recommended baseline. You will always get 45's in the calculation though. For the most part what you get will be usable. You can also get on the Weber Facebook group. The guy that runs the site with the calculator is on there and will always reply with recommended jets.

You can get a redline rebuild kit without floats for about 50 a piece. Comes with a needle and seat though. You'll want to note the size you need before buying.

It's probably not the last time you'll need to go through the carbs so driving into them yourself is going to be the most beneficial. Now if you start going though the carbs and you are way off baseline and have something like a 32mm choke it might be worth it to send them in.

Frinzo and _Quickfox like this.
  11. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Didnt even think to look up a fb group. I'll do this and go from there. Can u post the group up?

I wouldnt mind rebuilding myself, but omce i pull them off engine ill make a desions, just doing the research atm.

My end goal is to try and run E85, as i was abit stupid when i built the motor. I habe to run 110+ octane and thats not easy or cheap to get. I alresdy habe to completly redo my fuel system

12. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Frinzo likes this.