Unexpected Love

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SupremeCling, Mar 16, 2022.

1. SupremeCling

SupremeCling Newbie

Truck:
    89 Pickup
    Hello,

Well I am about 9 days into owning my truck, and it has been great.

My '94 4runner of 250k miles finally did it's last dance leaving me without a car, and desperate for a new ride.

I really wanted to take this opportunity to buy a car I wanted. I really like classic Japanese cars, but love the era of the 90's Japanese models as well. The classic cars were seeming unlikely and so I started looking for anything, and was trying to keep to a low budget.

With little luck, I was starting to feel discouraged and began looking at older posts for cars. I stumbled across a 1989 Toyota Pickup with 140k miles on it, well within my budget on a post that was 5 days old. Their didn't appear to be anything wrong, but I just wasn't excited about the truck. The pictures weren't great, but the car didn't look "bad". I had to take a look, because at that point I was 8 days without a car and $300 in lyft rides over a 36 hour period.

So I took a look. I still wasn't impressed by anything, and then I opened the hood. It was so clean. The car started right up in 9 degree F weather, and it drove fine. I couldn't find anything wrong, and after the test drive I was beginning to like it.

I went back 2 hours later, bought it, and on the drive home started to really love this truck.

Now I really love it. I have so much find driving it, it sounds great, and is a fun car to look at.

I love the custom community, and am excited to be a part of it!

Expect a lot of posts from me!

Attached Files:

83pickup and Erwin Merida like this.
  2. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Sounds like true love! Haha welcome to TM. Lots of great build threads to read up on. Looking forward to seeing your progress

3. 83pickup

83pickup Enthusiast

Truck:
    1983 22R Long Bed 5-Speed
    Nice truck! Looks rad with a bedcap WITH a roofrack!!!

4. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome aboard, & nice truck