Trip down U.S. Rt. 20--suggestions?!?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Boonies, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Boonies

Boonies Member

Truck:
    74 short bed, gnarly tired Hilux
    Planing a trip down US Route 20 through upstate New York to Chicago, just my dog, the 74 pick up and me. So I'm looking for any suggestion on places to stop and things to see along Rt. 20 cause all I've got is time. :cool:

thanks for any help!
    christopher

2. 85Toyota

85Toyota Addict

Truck:
    '85 Toyota 22R s-cab
    Well Christopher, two of my brothers and i are road trip vets and all i can say is the best are always the un~planned ones ... We pick a direction and GO ... On our very first road trip we were only supposed to go from Long Beach, California to the Colorado river (Nevada) but one hwy lead to another and ended up in Niagara Falls on the Canadian side ... We planned one once but it wasn't nearly as fun ... I guess it's the excitement of not knowing what's around the next corner ... So if you have nothing but time, i suggest doing the same ... We've been across this beautiful country several times without hitting one interstate and in NO set direction and, for me, there is no better feeling ... With that said, be careful, enjoy and take plenty of picz 'cause we expect to see them posted up when you get back ... HAHA ... :cool:

~Bill~

3. Boonies

Boonies Member

Truck:
    74 short bed, gnarly tired Hilux
    Yeah thus far i simply plan on driving down Rt. 20 till i end up at the new residence in Chicago. No time table or set schedual! Just looking for interesting places to stop and hang out for a bit. Oh and pictures, yes there will be lots. One of my other interests is film photography, so expect a lot of polaroid 3x4s and some 120 6x6s once i get off the road.

4. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    drive safe man! always be prepared, dont want to know you got stranded!

5. 85Toyota

85Toyota Addict

Truck:
    '85 Toyota 22R s-cab
    Well, how did the trip go ??? Let us know how it went and post some picz if you got 'em ... :cool: