Transfer case issues

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by Milli, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Milli

Milli Newbie

Gidday everyone

I have a 1999 hilux (ln167), so sorry that it is to new for this forum but it uses the same transfer case as the earlier models so i thought id give it a try.

Recently I have run into a slight problem with my ln167. I have looked through many similar threads but none seem to lead to a solution that works for me.

About a year back when i brought it the 4wd worked perfectly but right after having to replace a couple things for a WOF such as the front drive shaft i have run into a few problems. It goes into 4wd like it should but does not come back out even after removing any bind by jacking the wheels up. To get it out i have to place it in 2wd, turn the ute off and then back on, which then after a couple of seconds it successfully goes back into 2wd. Could i some how have damaged something?

Another thing I noticed is the front drive shaft is now permanently connected to the rear while still in 2wd, I don't remember is being like this when I had to remove the front driveshaft, Is this normal? The ADD disconnects but it feels like the transfer case is jammed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Cheers.