Toyota sets up new research institute in U.S.A.

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by NewsBot, Apr 1, 2008.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Grand Toyotaholic

Filed under: Plants/Manufacturing, Toyota
    [​IMG]In welcomed news for the residents of Michigan, Toyota announced today an investment of $100 million over the next four years on an advanced research activity in their backyard. The funding will be centered around the newly established Toyota Research Institute of North America (TRI-NA), which is tasked with accelerating advanced research on energy and the environment, safety, and mobility infrastructure. TRI-NA will not build new facilities, however, though it will utilize existing space in Ann Arbor, Michigan, at the Toyota Technical Center.
    The Governor of the state, Jennifer M. Granholm, understandably welcomed the news. In addition to the millions of dollars pumped into Michigan's economy, TRI-NA hopes to be staffing upwards of 60 employees by 2010. For those who are counting, Toyota now directly employs over 43,000 in North America, and it purchases more than $30 billion in parts, materials goods and services from North American suppliers each year. While a still a drop in the bucket compared to what our own domestics spend in this country, it's not for nothing.

[Source: Toyota]

Continue reading Toyota sets up new research institute in U.S.A.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    [​IMG]</img>
    [​IMG]</img> [​IMG]</img>
    [​IMG]

Read More...

2. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    wow . . .

Well, hmm, isnt that interesting, guess my ranting on the other big 3 isnt so confusing. I say thank you and I am glad to hear that those people and us are the beneficiaries of this. GO Toyota !