Thinking of a Cressida wagon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fred.d.k, May 26, 2017.

1. fred.d.k

fred.d.k Enthusiast

For the wife (haven't got her opinion yet!) Don't know much about them. I like the look, when lowered some, with nice rims. Anyone familiar with them? Know of one rust free, at a good price?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    I heart wagons

3. Tuhd The Troll

Tuhd The Troll Veteran

Truck:
    1982 SR5
    I can't speak much about the look or the driveability, but, I can say with absolute certainty that wagons (and by proxy SUVs) almost always have the best available space to bring out the best smooth and deep sound in a subwoofer.

4. fred.d.k

fred.d.k Enthusiast

Another reason to keep looking for one!

Tuhd The Troll likes this.
  5. BgDckasuaras_85

BgDckasuaras_85 Member

Truck:
    85 pickup 2wd
    If your wife doesn't like the Cressida wagon, how about a Corolla wagon or Corona Wagon? All Wagons are pretty neat.

6. fred.d.k

fred.d.k Enthusiast

Well she apparently "doesn't like station wagons". Not sure what I was thinking when I married her. We should have had that talk first! With a 74 Celica and my pickup, not sure I will convince her of another toy for me (which the Cressida would have been). We'll see. I will work on her.

7. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    That would be a sweet ride.

I love wagons and my wife does too (she DDs a sorta wagon - Land Cruiser) but I doubt I could ever get her to drive anything older than 15yrs so good luck getting that idea sold to yours

Mine'd make me buy her the new Corolla iM or better yet the Lexus CT200h.....actually I think I'd drive the piss out of either one, I always drive the Prius like I stole it

Having car conversations with the wife is always difficult. On Friday I told her I'm looking at maybe trading one of my trucks toward getting a good condition Toyota Stout and she just rolled her eyes.

8. MrDinkleman

MrDinkleman Addict

Truck:
    1988 standard cab, long bed
    I like the idea of a station wagon; it's one body style I still don't own (I also like El Caminos). But, I don't like four doors. Unfortunately, AFAIK, Japanese makers only made wagons with four doors. So, that means I'd have to get a domestic, either a Pinto wagon or Vega wagon. If I were to get one of those it would be the Panel Wagon version.

I missed a really sweet Vega Panel Wagon a few months ago; it was a "survivor". All original paint and interior and in fairly good condition. It sold within a week of being listed while I was debating whether or not to buy it. Now, it's just going to become someone's V-8 Vega project... :(