Sub suggestions

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Coty, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Coty

Coty Member

Truck:
    1989 pickup dlx
    Ok guys, I'm wanting to put a nice lil system in my yota, the problem is I'm 6 foot 2 and my truck is a single cab so room is a big issue. I recently installed bucket seats so that helps a little. I have a audiobahn 10, but I cant build a box small enough to fit the speaker and still fit behind the seats, or between. I'm considering getting 3 or 4 Kicker 8's to get the sound I want and same room. and I think I could make a box small enough to contain them, What do you guys think? any suggestions?

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    You can do some shallow mounts, or even some 10s in a center console.

If youre trying to fit 2 regular subs there will be an issue. Maybe just 1 10" behind the passenger seat would be kool. make the passenger sit a bit more forward lol

3. trap

trap Addict

Truck:
    92 pickup
    .. better question, whats the budget?

4. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    I have a extra cab,but what I use & did is 2-ways 4''JBL's in the front stock location,2 3-way 6X9 JBL's in the rear side panels,& a 10'' Kenwood sub in a custom made console.
    Uses the space well & sounds great.
    4 channel amp & single channel amp on rear wall:cool:

5. nvrenufedge

nvrenufedge Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bagged '93 std cab
    Yes, budget would be helpful. But I do suggst lookin at Rockford's shallow subs. A buddy of mine that is an installer says they great sounding subs.

6. trap

trap Addict

Truck:
    92 pickup
    I am a installer and I will agree the rockford shallow subs are pretty damn cool... you could probably fit 3 in a single cab truck without losing any lean back on your seats. you would need to mount amps in the bed or something crazy though.

The JL slim sub is a monster that puts all other slim subs to shame... but one is about the price of 3 slim rockford 10s.

7. Coty

Coty Member

Truck:
    1989 pickup dlx
    Budget isn't much of a issue i mean i don't wanna break the bank, this will probably be a summer project, I'm just trying to get some ideas up so i can make a game plan. I was gonna try the single ten in a center console, but my buckets came out of a chevy malibu so they are a little wide. I may check into the shallow subs that sounds like a better idea, I could just put one behind the passenger seat. cause i know the box my sub is in now takes up as much room as the whole passenger seat.