STREETACOS bolt on 4-link kit

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Beefed Taco, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

I wanted to show you guys the progress I'm making on my friends s-runner. This kit is going to be 100% bolt on and use the QA1 fully adjustable coil over street shock/coil. I still need to make the links and axle mounts.

Attached Files:

2. thundering02

thundering02 Addict

Lot of chassis rigidity with what is show thus far...

3. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    yeah...im confused. lol. hows that a 4link?

4. S13minus1

S13minus1 Member

Truck:
    86 4WD N/A Auto, 85 Nissan 200SX
    Damn that looks sweet, makes me wish I had a 2WD so I could do cool **** like that lol
    But 2 lowered Toyota trucks in a household might be too much :p

Anyway, looking good!

5. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

:lol: It's not yet....like I mentioned, the links, 1 more crossmember for the front of the upper links, and the bolt on axle pieces are still on the to do list. This pic is mainly the main coil over cross member, the rear frame braces for stiffening up the flex, and that's it so far. Within the next couple weeks it should all be done and there will be pictures.

6. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    someone needs to boogie on a 4-link system for these hilux pickups **nudge*nudge** :thinking:

7. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    haha. ill make myself one someday. i have the bars, just gotta do it up. stop fighting this stupid leaf setup. haha.

8. thundering02

thundering02 Addict

Definitly interested to see how this plays out... cause I'm working on my truck to become a drift machine and this would be fantastic... Way early question. estamated price? and would there be coilovers for the front?

9. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

We've found that the coilovers for the 67-69 Camaro are just about identical with the Tacoma stuff. Now I know this stuff is way different than your torsion setup, but it's all just fabrication. The Camaro QA1's are about 3" shorter, so you get a 3" drop right off the bat, and the best part is is that ride height is adjustable by turning the sleeve on the shock body, and then there are numerous spring rates, revalving options, and full adjustability on the shock too. I know of about 6 guys now running this setup and one goes to drift events all the time. The guy with the supercharged V6 s-runner that I'm doing the 4-link on is going to enter auto cross events, and go to the strip occasionally. The ease of the front install, then the fact there are still leafs out back, is what made me finally have to debut this 4-link setup when Chris stepped up & ordered the rear QA1's.

Attached Files:

10. Bobby Bling

Bobby Bling Newbie

im very confused... all you made there is a lateral frame brace...which you didnt need bushings to do so... that in no way shape or form locates the axle.

i get you still need to make the links - but...what is that thing you made already?

11. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    it'll be more apparent once its all done. like he mentioned...... its not done so there are still key components missing. most of that was the start of the 4-link system. the portion he has done is the crossmemeber for the coilovers that will bolt on to and the frame needs to be reinforced so this is also incorporated.

from what i can tell, the rubber bushing seems to give some "give" in the system to allow the rear to flex a bit in order so nothing stress cracks..... keeping in mind this is a "bolt-on" kit so that means its also gotta be shipping friendly for him to send out and keep the shipping costs down. trust me, if its not needed in the design, it wont be made. :waytogo:

12. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

Those aren't bushings at all. They are barrel mounts, a simple way to connect 2 tubes together. I used to make that style on engine cages that run accross the top of the engine, so it can be removed when needed. They do look like bushings, but it's just a piece of tubing with washers welded onto the ends. It's a solid mount and in now way will flex once the V brace and rear brace are bolted to the frame. If they weren't individual and were all one big piece, they wouldn't come out of the frame once welded together. They'd be stuck in there forever.

I should have waited until I had all the components together, but this stuff will be painted and on his truck tomorrow, so I wouldn't be able to get a complete pic anyways. I could bug Jeff and make him change the thread title to save confusion, but I won't. I thought my first post was pretty clear.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  13. Yaktizzle417

Yaktizzle417 Newbie

Truck:
    1987 SC/22R/4spd/4x2
    So again, how much are you looking to sell these for? Or at least the CAD drawing?

14. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    what wheels in that last pic?? lol

15. Sound.Vision.Soul

Sound.Vision.Soul Toyotaholic

Truck:
    93 Pick up I6 Turbo
    What year truck you bolting it all onto in he pic? Im interested to see it when its done!

16. silver_surfer

silver_surfer Newbie

hi guys, i'm more concern on how the front coilovers will be done... though there are lot of rear four link conversion available both air spring and coilovers..

sir can you post pics and details of your front coilover convertion?

and any suggestion on how will i do it with my pickup???

here a video of my truck,,, that NEEDS MAJOR SUSPENSION UPGRADE hehehe...

i already swapped my old engine with a 1jzgte supra engine...

[​IMG]

17. thundering02

thundering02 Addict

is that mono leafed? wasn't sure from the vid...

18. silver_surfer

silver_surfer Newbie

its multiply leaf,

but i forgot i have no shocks at the rear :ROFL:
    how stupid of me hahaha

but still you can see the traction and wheel hop problems hehe

19. silver_surfer

silver_surfer Newbie

ey guys i'm planning to buy a TEIN DRIFT MASTER coilover... and convert it to my pickup...

will these setup make my pickup truck DRIFT and handle well enough???

what are the main concerns that need to be avoid in these project? TNX

20. rajzswap

rajzswap Addict

Truck:
    89 2jz pickup
    lmao! holy crap dude! that is some serious wheel hop from hell. cant believe something didnt break or roll the axle.