Stereo wiring! Lepai Tripath Class-T, how to wire the power?

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Boonies, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Boonies

Boonies Member

Truck:
    74 short bed, gnarly tired Hilux
    Purchased one of these off ebay with the intention of wiring it into the truck to run my ipod to two 6x9 speakers. I've been told that running it in a car may burn it up, as its max volts is 14.4v...

Any way i purchased a cheap 120v positive center ac to dc wall power supply and i was thinking of cutting off the converter and wiring it straight to the fuse box.
    Will this work?

Also the wall charger has a black wire and a black wire with a white line... which is the positive?

Thanks for the help.
    Christopher

2. gilpet79

gilpet79 Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 2wd
    It would be difficult to wire it up to the fuse box. Since the device is set up to use AC power you would be to have the converter to DC power. to directly wire it in you would need to put an inline voltage capacitor to keep from burning it up and find out the max amps of the device and then find the positive/negative wires coming from the unit

Hope this helps it gets tough when you convert from 110v to 12v

edit: The device it already DC 12v that i can tell from the pictures and description, I dont think pos/neg is extremely important to know but i would say the all black is ground

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  3. Boonies

Boonies Member

Truck:
    74 short bed, gnarly tired Hilux
    Thanks. Yep the amp is 12v DC, the plug is to convert 110v AC to 12v DC.
    Guess the question was about the positive/negative wire and if i can wire it directly to a switched fuse on the box, and it seems like i can.