Steering problem

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by LAYNLOW, Feb 24, 2016.

1. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    So my steering seems to have a mind of its ...

I have no PS and right now i have 15 x 7 with 225/50/15s. The truck likes to walk alot. When i change lanes it pulls hard. When i hit bumps it walks too. At first i figured bc the tires were like new and yhe tread was grabbing hard...but it still does it n somedays it seems worse.What could be causing this? I have 2" drop spindles...idk if the torsion bars have been messed with. They way it sits in the front is how i bought it

2. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Did you get it aligned after installing the spindles? If not you know have massive toe out causing issues.

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Yea spindles change toe. Also ive noticed in the past that directional tires seem to pull the car/truck around if theres lines they can follow(might just be a wierd thing i experienced)

4. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    Im not sure @White Trash ...they were already on there. He says he did but when i put my summer wheels on ill be doing it.

@jetas .. the tires are directional but i wouldnt think that would do it..i was thinkn maybe bc they are wider then stock 14" wheels n tires?? Idk.

Checked my BJs n theyre good. Shocks arnt busted so idk...maybe it is just out of alignment...ill mighy ahould go ahead n get it aligned so im not messing up my tires and anything else

5. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    That could be the problem. I just remember mostly with my old hardbody when i had 18s(directionals) on it it would wander around if the road had any kind of lines or cracks. When the stocks went on on it there was no more wandering. Like i said it was a wierd thing i noticed

6. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    I have had a car do that before with new directionals on it but after they wore down after a few days they were good...gonna try an alignment first see if that helps..if not then ill put my new tires n wheels on..if its stiiill doing it then there has to be something in the steering somewhere