Speakers and sub

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by 91flatbed4cl, Mar 12, 2020.

1. 91flatbed4cl

91flatbed4cl Newbie

Truck:
    91 pickup
    I wanted to know if there was any speakers yall would recommend to use in my 91 pickup? I have two speakers in the front dash and I think 2 behind the seat. I would like to change them out without any major modifications. I'm also planning on putting a 10in sub in the back between the little pull down seats. Any advice helps!

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Literally anything will be better than stock. JBL are a good bang for the buck. So are Kickers. I run both and im very happy with them.

Sonicelectronix usually has "scratch & dent" items you can get for a little bit cheaper.

mini89 and 91flatbed4cl like this.
  3. BatryOpratedBoy

BatryOpratedBoy Enthusiast

Truck:
    Brave Little Toaster (Diana) and Salsa Verde (Traction Control)
    When I was initially looking to keep the stock system I was looking at the GBL GTO 4" coaxials. They really fit the bill for performance vs price. Like Jetas said, Sonic electronics and for that matter parts express ex going to be your bread and butter... Find a 4" coax with the highest sensitivity and you'll be a happy camper.

91flatbed4cl likes this.
  4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Knukonceptz has all the wiring parts youll need. Quality shit too

5. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    In my 93 I installed Boston Acoustics as my front dash speakers. Not sure if they’re still available though but for such small speakers they sound fantastic, they for sure sound better than the 6.5” Pioneers I put in the doors

6. YotaNation

YotaNation Newbie

Truck:
    '89 Toyota SR5 Pickup Extended Cab
    I'm a car audio fanatic and when it comes to playing music in my truck, It must sound clean! Anyway, the speaker replacement depends on your budget and quality of sound you're trying to reach. In my '89 SR5, I have 4" Kenwood coaxial speakers, 6.5" Kenwood speakers in the rear and a 10" RF sub. I'm running an old school 4 channel RF Punch amp from a Kenwood deck and Clarion EQ, the sound quality is great! Sometimes Crutchfield has great deals too and the best part of it, they supply all the necessary speaker harness/speaker brackets for free with your purchase. I highly recommend them!

Erwin Merida likes this.
  7. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Sensitivity will be a good spec to look out for. Something rated at 90db will mean at 1 meter at 1 watt will be that loud. You double the watts after every 3db I think it is. If you're not planning on adding a dedicated amp this will be the spec that gets you the best bang for the buck. Less stress on the weak internal amp so it will take higher volumes before starting to break up.