Seriously can we get an iphone/android app?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by Immoreradthanu, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Immoreradthanu

Immoreradthanu Enthusiast

Truck:
    79 long bed
    I think this would be a cool idea. Has anyone ever seen nasiocs forum app? It's super easy to use and a lot more convenient. Would enjoy seeing an app for this site!

2. 1lowSr5

1lowSr5 Addict

Truck:
    90' xtra cab Sr5, 2003 taco
    This would be sweet!!!

3. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    What is the advantage over using the forum is standard form?

4. Immoreradthanu

Truck:
    79 long bed
    I like using nasiocs app. It's super easy to scroll through. It sections off things and is in much bigger letters. Hard to explain i guess. It's set up almost exactly like this just more mobile friendly. That and it has a message section at the bottom of the screen much like an iphones text messages. I don't usually think about looking at my inbox because it's not jumping out at me when i have one. Basically just sub sections everything so it's easier to read on a phone. Us youngins an our techmology i guess?

5. Immoreradthanu

Truck:
    79 long bed
    Actually lets put it this way it's like the difference between the facebook app and trying to scroll through the regular webpage on your phone or banking apps as opposed to trying to bank on the regular website through your phone. I guess that could explain things a bit better right?

6. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    I don't have a facebook account so that comparison means nothing to me. I've been using a phone for online browsing for 6 years now. It used to SUCK but with the current crop of smart phones it isn't even close to difficult to navigate forums. I have no issues with missing pm's since I don't have a fanboi apple product that doesn't support the popup. I'd suggest upgrading your phone rather than having to get the admins to add software to the forum. :D

7. Toy88yota

Toy88yota Member

Truck:
    88 2wd
    Upgrading phones has nothing to do with what is being asked. If you don't want to use the app if they choose to make one thats great but some of us welcome change for the better. And the people asking for said app have experience with other forums using one, do you??

8. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater

Nope, I don't use any of that stuff. No tapatalk etc there is no need for it to me. :D

9. Toy88yota

Toy88yota Member

Truck:
    88 2wd
    But you will use a smartphone? The omish don't need vehicles why do any of us have them?

10. strebdogman

strebdogman Member

Truck:
    94 std
    lol omish always in the way

11. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater

The Amish shun technology and modern convenience due to their religious beliefs which the vast majority of us do not have. So we use technology to our advantage.

I have asked many times on many forums what the advantage of tapatalk etc is and I've only received one answer unanimously. They say its just easier. If navigating forums is too difficult perhaps a new time waster should be found. :lol:

12. Toy88yota

Toy88yota Member

Truck:
    88 2wd
    I know it would enable many people to have quicker access to the forum, and may even increase the amount of users.

Make it easier to respond to peoples questions and you make a better forum. I'm not sure if I would call a forum a time waster many people are looking for answers and information that they may not be able to find elsewhere.

13. Immoreradthanu

Truck:
    79 long bed
    My "fanboi" apple product shows when i have a message it's just small on the screen and doesn't pop out at me. I do think it might open up more users as well. It's a more mobile friendly version and we are always looking to upgrade for the better. If we weren't as a society we wouldn't have this foru
    We wouldn't have modern convienences in life that i'm sure you use. If you don't want to use the app, don't but it doesn't mean a bunch of us wouldn't want a forum app.

14. craigdbl

craigdbl Guest

try running it by Jeff the Admin. He's probablly the one who would approv./diaapprov. that.

15. Immoreradthanu

Truck:
    79 long bed
    How do i contact jeff? You would think that people who have the power to do this stuff would check in on this section of the forum though. I don't have a problem trying to track down people who authorize this stuff. I'm also going to continue to come on here whether they make an app or not but i think it would be easier to check while your out and about not near a computer. I think more people would get on more frequently and questions people have may get answered faster thus making projects go quicker? Haha maybe not to that extreme but it may help a bit?

16. 85pickamatruck

85pickamatruck Veteran

Truck:
    85' Base
    Any answers from Jeff? Was just thinking about this and toTally agree. I would love an app version for m iPhone.

If nothing has been done so far how do we get the ball rolling to get one?

17. Rcksqrl

Rcksqrl Enthusiast

Truck:
    '85 4Krawler, '67 Stout
    Tapatalk is smooth operating... 4 forums I'm on are linked. 2 frequently and makes it real nice!!

18. smartmonkey

smartmonkey Veteran

Truck:
    v320, 620, 720KC, RN46, LN46, YN65 & B2200
    Search for the username Jeff, last I heard was he wasnt planning to with an app like tapatalk or a mobile site. Run it the the chain of command being the moderators first. They will contact Jeff on our (the members) behalf.

19. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    Bump for the attention of moderators.

20. CUCUY

CUCUY Enthusiast

Truck:
    '81 SR5 longbed
    bump again....