Rob in the Mid-West

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ASI H8, Dec 9, 2021.

1. ASI H8

ASI H8 Newbie

Truck:
    69 FJ40, 85 2wd X-Cab (Madi's Project), 88 2wd Reg Cab, 00 4Runner Limited
    About me. Where to start. Grew up in a small Mid-West town near KC. Dad had a garage and all sorts of projects going on. This started my tinkering addiction. I was a typical boy. I loved to be outside in the dirt, riding bikes, skateboarding, sports, Scouts. I'm 27 years deep into the National Guard and 20 years into my marriage. I have two kids that are running me ragged.

Rigs
    I started with a stock 87 Suzuki Samuri. When I sold it I had done a 1.6 16v engine swap, 6.5 T-Case, YJ Springs, sprung over on FJ40 front and rear with Aussi Lockers on 35x12.5 r15, though I did have 37" Super Swampers on it for a while.

I traded an 05 HD Road King for a very well built 95 4Runner. I later traded the 4Runner for a 69 FJ40 Land Cruiser. It needs a cage, heat and working on a TBI for it. Other than the minor stuff, it is ready for the road

I have an 88 2wd Reg Cab. It will become my DD.

I also have an 85 X-Cab 2wd and a 2000 4Runner Limited. As for the 85 2wd X-Cab (Madi's Project) and 00 4Runner Limited, I plan to smoosh them into one. Both start run and drive. The frame and body of the 85 is in great shape (147k miles). The 4Runner has a very bad case of rust, well beyond repair. I'm wanting to pull the engine, auto trans and everything needed to swap it into the 85.

With projects, I have found that there are three elements that are depended on each other, Time, Money, Know How.

Thanks,
    Rob
    ASI H8

Erwin Merida likes this.
  2. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome aboard

3. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Sounds like an awesome build coming up! Welcome. Start a build thread so we can go with you in the journey!

4. ASI H8

ASI H8 Newbie

Truck:
    69 FJ40, 85 2wd X-Cab (Madi's Project), 88 2wd Reg Cab, 00 4Runner Limited
    Perkolator and Erwin Merida like this.