Rn32 vs rn34

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by Alex Ackermann, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Alex Ackermann

Alex Ackermann Newbie

Hey guys I’m really new to the Hilux platform. I’m trying to learn as much as I can before I buy one in the next few months.

Issue is I’ve been having a bit of trouble finding a ton of info so I hope you can help. I’m after a 3rd Gen hilux so 1978-1983 2wd, gas, manual, 2 door, Long or short bed don’t really care. To what I’ve been able to find that’s falls under the n30 and n40 models. But more specifically rn32, rn34, and rn41 I believe. I really have no idea what the difference between these 3 are and would love any help I can get to differentiate them.

I don’t know what the rn36 is also and I’m not sure if any rn4x models aside from rn41, all I’m going off of are these 2 pictures I found. Vehicle id charts from Toyota that I’ll attach.

So please, any help telling the difference between the rn32, rn34 and rn41 would be amazing. Thanks a ton in advance!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  2. Toyotashack

Toyotashack Enthusiast

Truck:
    77 hilux 92 2wd 89&90 runners
    Motors. Transmissions. Differential. The vehicles badge under the hood will give you the specific gears and trans it had from the factory. And the motor is either a 20r or a 22r. Some trim/interior changes as well thru the RNs