Report: 2012 Toyota Camry gets Consumer Reports "Recommended" rating

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by NewsBot, Dec 30, 2011.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Grand Toyotaholic

Filed under: Sedan, Toyota

[​IMG]

Toyota was once the unquestioned lead sled dog when it comes to the Consumer Reports "Recommended" list, but the automaker and the consumer advocacy group have had a bit of a falling out over the past couple years. In 2010, the publication removed the Recommended ratings of many models as a result of Toyota's unintended acceleration controversy. In January Ford nearly overtook Toyota in overall Recommended ratings.

We're on the verge of a new year, and it appears that the Toyota is getting back on CR's good side. Bloomberg reports that the February issue of CR reveals that the 2012 Camry has scored the coveted tag. The non-profit lauded the Camry for its improved interior and fuel economy, along with an upgraded ride. The four-cylinder Camry averaged 27 miles per gallon during CR testing, tying the Hyundai Sonata for most efficient in the mid-size segment.

We're quite certain that the 2012 Camry would have sold like gangbusters whether or not it was Recommended by Consumer Reports. But at the same time, CR subscribers seem to really like their Toyota models, so it certainly helps to have a thumbs-up from the powerful publication.2012 Toyota Camry gets Consumer Reports "Recommended" rating originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read More...

2. confused.rat

confused.rat Enthusiast

Truck:
    1993 Pickup Ext Cab.
    i have one. its awesome. gets around 27-29 mpg. i have the 4 banger. my wife drives it most the time. it does great on the highway. last trip averaged 32 mpg. and thats through mountains. on level ground it it gets 35 on the highway. great car.

3. fang01271027

fang01271027 Newbie

:clapping:Happy New Year 2012!

r4

4. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    mom has the 07 and that does really well on the highway or streets. the 2012's seem very improved.

5. confused.rat

confused.rat Enthusiast

Truck:
    1993 Pickup Ext Cab.
    yeah its pretty much bad ass. really smooth. i love the sport shift manual-matic transmission. great for getting in and out of traffic.