Rear Sway Bar Options

Discussion in '1976-1983 Pickup Discussion' started by Olds77421, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Olds77421

Olds77421 Member

Truck:
    1976 Toyota Chinook
    Has anyone installed a rear sway bar on their Gen II before? I've already upgraded my front bar to a 30mm out of a early 90's GMC and looking to do the rear as well.

I'v only been able to find limited info about rear sway bar installs on 3rd gen and up trucks and the only kit I've found is a bit too rich for my budget.

https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/inde...v4QEPUwszp8p6hsauWv57AulEPcwMa4RoC4VIQAvD_BwE

Does anyone know if there are bars out of other trucks that will fit. More than happy to go pull one from the yard and make it work if I know what vehicles to look for.

Thanks and happy 2023!

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    You could probably find a sway bar out of a compact car and mount it up like guys have done for the 84+ pickups

3. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    I have a rear Quickor Engineering bar ,had the front also, but when I went to tubular a-arms I had to remove it .
    Was going to have the front one remade to fit, but the company is no more & I beliave the owner of the company has passed.
    Truck is fine with just the rear

4. Olds77421

Olds77421 Member

Truck:
    1976 Toyota Chinook
    All good info. I'll have to take a peek to see which cars the 84+ guys are picking them from. Having a model and year range to start from would make things a lot easier when I go to the yard to pick one. End links should be easy to source.