rear breaks

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by Elhuaraches, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Elhuaraches

Elhuaraches Member

Truck:
    1984 Toyota Hilux 4x4
    How would i knoe if my rear drums from my 84 Rn60 havent been converted to later gen brakes. Reason i ask is because i checked my breaks and they arent actually beeing used the UTI professor said it was because the truck has a lift 2-3" spacers on the body (i thought that was stock) but thats causing a sensor for the rear breaks. In witch it is causing the breaks not to work. Said the solution was putting a bracket the same size of the spacers so they can funtion also one side has bigger shoes and the other one has smaller shoes but that's prob because they were installed wrong but only the one that has the bigger shoes grabs like bearly.

2. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    LSPV = Load sensing proportioning valve

When the truck is loaded and the ass squats, the rod connected between the axle and frame (where the lspv is located) moves... Giving the rear brakes more pressure.

Do a Google search.

A body lift shouldn't affect it... Lift blocks would tho.

3. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    it's not uncommon to eliminate the LSPV and install a manual valve. you can also try and adjust the LSPV - I think I just changed the bend on the rod when I put 2" lift on my 93 and all is good, some people have to raise it with a plate.

4. Elhuaraches

Elhuaraches Member

Truck:
    1984 Toyota Hilux 4x4
    I couldn't really find a comparison of the axels is there a way they can be determined?

5. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    I'm not sure what you're asking, but if you decode your vin# you should have an 8" rear end with ??? gear ratio...iirc its a 30 spline axle.

None of that really has to do with your LSPV.

6. Elhuaraches

Elhuaraches Member

Truck:
    1984 Toyota Hilux 4x4
    I know it doesn't have to do with lspv but since non of the breaks were actually not getting worned out I thought it be because maybe the rear axle was swapped for a later version of it or the lspv because of the body height