racing seat brackets??

Discussion in '1989-1995 Pickup Discussion' started by 91riceboxmini, Feb 11, 2022.

1. 91riceboxmini

91riceboxmini Newbie

Truck:
    91 2wd scsb 22re
    are AE86 corolla seat brackets compatible in a pickup? im building my 91 pickup into a drift truck and am trying to find a low racing seat mounting solution due to me barely fitting in the cab with a helmet on. BUDDY CLUB makes a super low side mounted bucket seat rail designed for the corolla (part # BC08RSBSRAAE86-X) and from what i can tell the brackets seem very similar to the pickup seat brackets. has anyone tried this or know if the two vehicles have the same seat mount locations?

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Do you have access to a welder? Making brackets isnt difficult

3. 91riceboxmini

91riceboxmini Newbie

Truck:
    91 2wd scsb 22re
    i do, i was just trying to find the easiest possible route to take. im a part time student with a full time job so 90% of my days are occupied, finding the time to fabricate brackets is somewhat of a challenge...

4. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Fab work always saves the day, but if there is a seat/rail combo that works I'd sure like to know about it! One thing I wanted to try is taking the rails off a 4runner bucket seat and attaching a seat like this! Screenshot_20220211-132704~2.png

Another option would be using same rails off a 4runner, and using mounting tabs like these to use another style of seat. I don't know the tensile strength in these or if they would hold up on high demanding applications like autoX etc.. Screenshot_20220211-133008~2.png

Last resort would be using these rails to fix a seat. It all comes down to what seat in what truck, and can you make it work.lol Nonetheless, all these are good options you can take if you don't have a welder/fab skills! Screenshot_20220211-133126~2.png