Project LowNloud . . .

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by lownloud, Feb 21, 2008.

1. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    A few different mods, that some might like, and did some cleaning of the truck today, only thing I didnt manage to totally clean up is the floormats, which are a pain to keep clean this time of year, and I'll be replacing these soon anyhow, so why clean 'em ! Also, can't wait to get my new rims on and then in June Ima be painting her ! Anyways a few more to look @ !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

L o w N l o u d

2. east1la

east1la Enthusiast

Truck:
    1993 toyota pickup dually
    what color are ya planning to paint your truck?

3. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I am going to . . .

I am planning on painting my truck a silver to black fade, maybe do some white airbrushing to accent some areas. Silver would start on the top half of highest body line and then fade to black under that, Just wish I had someone who was willing to draw it up for me on photoshop or something, any volunteers ?

L o w N l o u d

:)

4. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...
    Seeing your truck brings back memories of the 88 standard cab I used to own back in high school!!

5. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    well . . .

Well, Im sure glad I could bring back those memories. I take with the happy face, thats gotta be a good thing ! I just cant wait to lower it just a lil' more and install my new rims and paint it. The thing that is holding me back is I cant stand not having my truck for more than a day ! Ive got my booth reserved for 10 days in June with all the tools needed to get it done, so now Im in slightly hurry up faze to get everything finally put upon it ! The weather is finally nice enough where I can keep most of the grime off and then Ill be putting on my 3" drop springs, and completing a ball joint flip. Alot of people want me to slam it, but, I want this truck to be all Old school mixed with new school & all static. Im surely debating my 84' ext cab to be my next project with bags and goodies all around, or might get a 79' - 83' Toy and go for LOW ! I know a guy witha 78' and Ive talked with him before about inquiring it, she runs and drives and his price is varying, last best price 750 $ !

L o w N l o u d

:cool:

6. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    added some new shoes . . .

Well, continuing on my project . . . I added some new shoes finally. I thought I had some baby moon wheels, but, that didnt pan out so I added these. They are an ( ADR J-series ) 17" x 7" rim wearing 205 - 40 series Lexani rubber, the backset is +45 and I had no problems with my backspacing or turning lock to lock & nothing rubs unless its hella compressed, and surely will clear the fenders if and when I ever bag it ( . . . I heard its an addiction once you start lowering your ride )! They raised my 2/3 static dropped truck .85 inches from my last wheel combo. I looked forever to find a combo that included these measurements and design without being all goddy. I am going to upgrade to 3" drop springs in the back with pinion shims and crank the torsions a lil' soon, once the chance of snow is past & once I get her painted ( black - silver ) and lower her a little more ( properly ) everything will tie together better. So the Eagle rims are going to be sandblasted and painted silver or black and they will receive winter tires for the " fun " season ( winter ).

[​IMG]

L o w N l o u d

:cool:

7. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    a solid rear window awaiting . . .

Okay finally got around to cleaning up the solid rear glass I got from TAPrecycling. I picked it up for $30 + $30 shipping. When I got it . . . it had been tinted before and the tint had been poorly removed, so I cleaned it up with some goo gone gel & windex. I was planning on keeping it clear, BUT, I decided to tint it up, I ended up putting 20% tint on it. This glass came with the original seal in very good condition and only a few minor scratches here and there. So I tinted it and it is curing in safety away from the elements for about a week, then Ill clean it up on the outside ( still dirty right now ) before I install it. . . I will then apply the new stickers from ( immortalgraphix.com ) Ill install the new ( toyotaminis.com sticker ( I had made ) & the yotascene.com sticker. . . Heres a first look.

[​IMG]

8. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...
    New items are looking damn good bro!! TAP recycling is awesome!!

9. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Thank You !

Thank You ! Trying to get all my parts on and in place before I get down to the nitty gritty and paint her this summer. 92 - 95 bumper upgrade is next . . . Ill post pictures after the window is in . . .

10. east1la

east1la Enthusiast

Truck:
    1993 toyota pickup dually
    what is the web link that u ordered your stuff?

11. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I haven't yet . . .

. . . I haven't ordered as of yet, but looks like Ill be getting the conversion bracket from FBIrides.com and Im trying to get hooked up with a member of yotascene.com for the 2wd conversion bumper. He has the chrome grill and the painted valance for sale, Im just waiting on " closer " pictures and a price. If that doesnt go thru, I am going to order it from FBIrides.com . . . I'll keep ya'll posted. . .

* refer to this thread topic for info . . . ( I know you know which one east1la ) :D

http://www.toyotaminis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559&page=2

12. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Okay . . .

Okay ! I signed up to FBIrides.com as a member & first hing I did was order my new ( 89 - 95 ) 2wd chrome bumper. the ( 92 - 95 ) paintable valance and the conversion brackets. I am so happy to finally make up my mind and plan to post pics of install so those who are wondering will have a little bit of an idea of what they are going to get into if they choose to do one similar. Its going to be to tempting to tear down the front end and get everything underneath covered in new undercoating and such. But, just to leave a lil to be flirted with, I bought a " running " 1976 lime green Toyota 2wd ( Yes, I will post pics when I get my arse over to get it ) - - - and youll never guess the price ( $ 250 ) with title, NO smoke, little rust and everything is there, score one for me. Ill drive this baby when Im painting my 87 in June, and then shell get torn down and set up for a dragger with no real thrills except suspension and everything else will be black on black. Ill leave the tease at that for now. Pictures soon when I get my parts and when I collect the Toyota :D :) . . .

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  13. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Alright got the . . .

OKay, like promised, I got the new solid rear window in the truck today, this swap was easy as hell, those sliders pop out very easy! The new window went in like a charm, got the window cleaned up, but, I am still missing my yotascene.com sticker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just in case your wondering what the Kanji says . . . The one on the drivers side translates to " extreme " and the one on the passenger side translates to " illusion ". The center dragon graphic is from http://www.immortalgraphix.com/ and the diamond plate custom " toyotaminis.com " sticker was one I had made awhile back . . .

I hope you like . . .

:D

14. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    . . . and a couple more

Also, as promised I took a few more pictures while I had the camera operating and the weather was decent. didnt get it cleaned off but, shes there. I just had to get it next to the peterbuilt . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cant wait to get her blasted down and painted, still got that air bag bug in my head 2 . . . " Always more to come . . . " and my next project will be fitting the new front bumper and valance from a 89 - 95 that I got from http://www.fbirides.com/

:rolleyes:

15. patriotpop

patriotpop Addict

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Lookin good!! :D :D

16. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...
    looking good bro!!

17. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Thank You !

" Thank You so much, glad you like. This mini is getting hella addicting . . . " :D

18. ChOpPeD~N~DROPped

ChOpPeD~N~DROPped Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Extended cab
    Are those mudflaps? No, They're drag flaps, lol. Lookin good man, I need to get some new pics of mine up here.

19. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Drag Flaps . . . LOL

LOL ( Drag Flaps ) thats exactly waht they do, Im taking them off but have to pull the wheels to do it. I was going to do it when I put the wheels and tires on, but, it was freezin' a** cold so I didnt, rest assured when I detail the calipers and drums those suckers are gone . . . Can't wait to see some of your updated pics . . .

20. TRAPS

TRAPS Newbie

taillightss

hey were did you get those tailights on your yota. im looking all over for custom tailights for 87's.