Pre bed swap

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by 1988 Lo-yota, Oct 1, 2009.

1. 1988 Lo-yota

1988 Lo-yota Member

Truck:
    1988 Toyota pickup
    Here are some better photos of the truck as of right now. I will be yanking that bed and notching my frame. im just going to do a 2.25 notch nothing extreme i think the truck will lay out low enough for now. I have my middle leaf pulled and overload flipped with three inch blocks riding on 1" shaved bumpstops. I would like to maybe just go 4" blocks out back.

Attached Files:

2. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...
    Looking good...reminds me of the 88 I had back in high school. It had the 2wd sheetmetal like yours, then I swapped it all out for 4wd stuff.

3. 77yoter

77yoter Veteran

Truck:
    77 sr5 shortbed, 81 shortbed, 90 4x4
    thats exactly what i did to the rear of my truck i like the stance alot better that just blocks but i think im going to go with a small monster notch cause i would like to bag my truck later on down the road

4. 1988 Lo-yota

1988 Lo-yota Member

Truck:
    1988 Toyota pickup
    Just recently pulled off old bed and cleaned up the chassis a little. I am going to repaint it after i notch the frame. Here is the bed thats going on after i prep it for paint.

Attached Files:

5. 1988 Lo-yota

1988 Lo-yota Member

Truck:
    1988 Toyota pickup
    I just set the bed on the truck because i was anxious to see what it was going to look like. I am really looking forward to being able to put in my notch and 4 " blocks so i can mount my bed!

Attached Files: