Power steering conversion steering parts?

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by Chris Aguilar, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Chris Aguilar

Chris Aguilar Newbie

Hey everybody,

Been on the forum for a bit but not so much posting, more like reading threads.

Well I picked up a 94 Toyota pick up base 2wd 22re about a year ago and a few months ago, it blew a head gasket. Well while the truck was down and the motor was out I figured I would do a power steering swap since it being lowered and it was sloppy and tough to steering at slow speeds.

Well after lots of research, I started my list shopping list and picked up a power steering box and in a couple of days I will be meeting up with a guy to get the remaining parts such as the pump, lines, crank pulley add on, etc from a 2wd 4cyl pick up that he is parting out.

Well when I started removing the old manual stuff, I realized certain steering components are old or worn and could use a refresh. My current situation is trying to compare manual to power steering parts to ensure I get the right ones. I know the pitman arm is different between the two setups but like the center link and steering dampener is universal between the two. But my biggest issue so far is the idler arm.

Rock auto and even auto zone list there is a 4wd power steering and manual part depending on setup but for 2wd, it just lists 2wd. not manual or power steering. I am curious if anybody knows if there a specific specific version. Toyota part numbers indicate there is two different idler arms. One for power steering and one for manual concerning 2wd and I would order the power steering one but it costs 278+ which is insane lol.

If anybody has input, I would greatly appreciate it. I wanna place my order and finish up the truck but can't figure this out.
    Thank you!

2. Chris Aguilar

Chris Aguilar Newbie

Nevermind, figured out they are the same on the 2wd model. good for future note incase someone is attempting this swap.