possible to ls swap???

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by HexedAnarchy, Sep 6, 2016.

1. HexedAnarchy

HexedAnarchy Newbie

Truck:
    91 ex cab
    im just curious on if this is even possible and what i would need to do so and how much it would cost. i got a 91 ex cab 2wd with a auto tran. im just curious cause i saw something similer on youtube and im now hooked on the idea!

but whats the best motor and trany to swap in these things?

2. Lowtide671

Lowtide671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' single cab 2wd
    Motor swaps are going to be completely subjective. It all really depends IMO how much time/money/resources you have at your disposal. On this Site you will find a TON of info on a 1UZFE (V8 Lexus Engine) and a few for a 2RZ/3RZ and some v6 3vz/5vz.

In regards to a LS setup it can for sure be done. Theirs one member here doing one now who's got a pretty nice build going, not 100% on what exact LS it is tho....

Ive seen pickups at the track running LS3's with TH400's so it's for sure possible....

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    swap possibility depends on what swap youre trying to do. Narrow it down to what you wana swap in and research it.

4. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Anything's possible with fabrication skills, tools and free time. I have seen many LS swapped Toyotas online and a few in person since that's such a popular and readily available engine that everyone seems to install in everything these days. Anyways, it'll fit if you want it to. "Best motor" is sooo subjective like choosing the best beer....

5. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    I personally did some research into LS swaps and i came across some good ones where the factory harness was basically turned into a 4 wire type deal. +bat,acc,ign,start