Pic Request: 89-95 2wd body on 15" and 16" aggressive fitment only

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by Bocks, May 24, 2016.

1. Bocks

Bocks Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    EDITED:

Hey everyone, I know the first thing everyone will say is research, google, search the forums etc. etc. and I HAVE!

I've been all over the place looking at different wheels and what will fit our bodies and what won't. I am interested in running a legitimate wheel (enkei, volk, bbs, rays, ssr, work or some JDM old school stuff) but I haven't had a ton of luck finding low offset 15 / 16 inch wheels.

Apparently our trucks need to run an offset close to "0" on an 8" wide wheel? Can others chime in to confirm that? Love the stanced thread and all, but these trucks need a 15 or 16 in my opinion so I'm hoping to see more of those.

Anyway, if you would, post up your trucks or even just wheel pictures that you've considered. The only thing I ask is that they are 15" or 16" and come from the factory in 5x114.3. I'll post some ideas that I've had so far.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    sandman808 likes this.
  2. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    You won't be able to turn with that backspace. I ran 5" backspace 15x8's for a long time and they rubbed the upper A arms, rear of the lower control arms and the strut rods. Step up to a 4.5" and you'll be fine. 4.75" will clear once you take a grinder to everything I mentioned. :lol:

3. Bocks

Bocks Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    Hey thanks for the help! Trying to find a cool set of wheels, something actually from the JDM, not just some replicas from american racing etc. etc. but as I'm sure we all know, 5x114.3 in the sizes that look best are hard to find.

Changing the title to posting about ONLy 15" and 16", aggressive wheels. Hope you guys can help.

4. Bocks

Bocks Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Credit to ep3ambition on IG. These are Enkei 32s in 15x8 +0.

twizted1 likes this.
  5. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    That's lil Lola's truck from right here on the forum.

6. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Sorry I'm still learning all these terms used with lowered trucks -- but what are you considering "aggressive fitment" wheels? Does that mean they stick out or stay tucked in?

7. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Stick out. He wants the "hellaflush" look

8. Bocks

Bocks Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    I realized after that he was on the forum. I had a good talk with him over IG last night. Nice guy.

Not necessarily "hellaflush" to the extent that people are taking it. I want tires that fit the wheel properly, at most one size into the "stretched" side of the spectrum. People are running wheels that don't meet the fenders at all and others are running wheels entirely beyond the body lines. I'm looking for something in the middle. So yes, the wheels will "stick out", but barely, and the tire will look like it fits the wheel properly.

The goal is to find out what sticks out just a little in the rear, requiring a fender roll and the fenders to meet the tire perfectly, and buy a square setup of those and do a more aggressive roll on the front to make them fit. It appears that 15x8 +0, or 4.5" backspacing, is the size I'm looking for, there just aren't many good wheels in that size. I'm jealous of Lil Lola's wheels. Fortunate to find some nice looking enkeis in our size.

9. Bocks

Bocks Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    And if anyone can add anything else to what the highest offset we can run without rubbing on the front suspension components, that would be awesome too. There are a couple wheels that are nice and have a +28 offset (around 5.5" backspacing) but other members have told me that size won't fit properly. Any info is appreciated.

10. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    I recently found a chart online that stated the offsets capable of mounting on a basically all years of 2wd Toyota pickup. I think it was a +35mm offset. I just got some Jeep 10-spoke turbine wheels and they are a 15x8 with I think +32mm offset - just barely clears everything, so I guess the reference to +35mm is true.

11. Bocks

Bocks Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    Interesting. Any chance you could link the chart?

12. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
  13. Bocks

Bocks Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    So it is confirmed that what white trash said is false? You can, in fact, run up to a +28 offset (~5.75" backspacing) without rubbing issues?

14. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Do you see a wheel diameter listed in that chart? Neither do I. The diameter makes a huge difference in fitment when it comes to a wheel clearing the suspension. 15x8's with 5" backspace do in fact hit everything I listed, I ran them on my 84 and 89 and both had clearance issues with the same parts. I'm running 17x8's now with 6" backspace and they cleared better than the 15x8's by a long shot. Now that I'm running 1 1/2" spacers up front for an effective 4 1/2" backspace they clear everything lock to lock with no steering stops.

15. Bocks

Bocks Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    Hey man, I apologize for wording it the way I did. I wasn't calling out, just looking for more opinions. I don't have a bunch of wheels lying around in different sizes, though if I did I would definitely mount them all and take pictures for a write up for everyone else. I believe that what you said is true.

IMO 17s look too big on these trucks, but that's only my taste. I'm looking to find the perfect size wheel that is confirmed to fit before I buy anything. So far, I believe it is either a 15x8 or 16x9, I'm just trying to narrow down offsets. If I could find a set like Lil Lola's I would have already bought them. So far it's the only wheel in the perfect size that I like.

Anyway, looking now for pictures of 15 and 16in wheels, with full specs (including offset) just for reference. Any info on how well it clears the suspensions components is also helpful.

16. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Yea i hate to say it but that chart isnt much help.

Take the advice from someone who has done it.

Willtheyfit.com

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  17. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    This isn't my first forum so don't think for a second I'm offended by words written on a screen. :ROFL:

Here is a pic that shows both the 15x8 5" bs rear tires with 265/50's on them and front 15x8's with 3 1/2" bs and 195/55's up front.I cut the lip off around the rear to clear the tires but otherwise they fit fine.

[​IMG]

This is the 5" bs all the way around. The same rear tires but the front has 205/60's and no spacers on it.

[​IMG]

LAYNLOW likes this.
  18. Lil_Lola

Lil_Lola Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 single cab
    [​IMG]

15x8.5 -34 offset with 4wd fenders up front fits perfect

19. Bocks

Bocks Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    Damn I want those so badly. Nice find. I could have sworn on instagram you said those were 15x8 +0?

20. yotaman95

yotaman95 Enthusiast

Truck:
    1995 single cab
    I am at 18x10.5 with +20mm but if your looking for wheels I have 15x8 with a -30mm if your looking for a cheap wheel I could help you out.

LAYNLOW likes this.