Not Saved By Zero: Toyota looking to ramp up rebates

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by NewsBot, Jan 15, 2009.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Grand Toyotaholic

Filed under: Car Buying, Marketing/Advertising, Toyota

[​IMG]Remember that horrible "Saved by Zero" campaign (no, not that one) that Toyota ran late last year? Besides producing some of the worst commercials the world has ever seen, it was a failure when it came to its singular goal of selling more cars and trucks. Toyota was the only automaker in the top five that actually lost market share at the end of the year, despite running its 0% financing deals. So, what's next? Incentives.

According to Jim Lentz, president of Toyota Motor Sales here in the States, "The shift that you'll see in January from December is more consumer cash and less APR and lease support through our dealers."

These days, the biggest rebates come on big trucks like the Tundra, but we should also expect some great on everything from subcompacts like the Yaris to hybrids like the Prius. So if you're thinking of buying a new Toyota, you might want to hang on a little while longer.

[Source: Automotive News - Sub. Req.]Not Saved By Zero: Toyota looking to ramp up rebates originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Read More...

2. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

When Toyota recently started using that in their commercial they played it like every commercial break and it made me want to slit my wrists! Lamest thing I've ever heard. :puke:

3. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd