Next Work

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by TRUCK ACTION, Jun 16, 2008.

1. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Well got all the parts,will have the brackets Friday
    [​IMG]
    so hope to be back on my Truck soon

2. MiniSimp

MiniSimp Member

Truck:
    1985, 1988, 2001
    Nice! How much did that put you out?

3. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    [​IMG]
    Will be changing these out also,bigger master,7/8" to the 1"

4. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    [​IMG]
    Have to fix these also ,& repaint part of the dash for the 3 rd time,I rushed it last time & laid ed too much too fast,have some cracks!:cool:

5. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    [​IMG]
    This is where all my time as been going the past two weeks, helping a club member with his 91 Nissan Hard body, got one door finished, suicided & shaved,fix all the stripped bolts @ the fender,& started on the drivers door. Once the doors are done I'll install the solenoids & alarm.
    Than I can start the front brakes on my truck.
    Just might suicide one of my doors,like the way it looks with one going the other way!:cool:

6. V8_TITAN

V8_TITAN Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 std cab
    when are you going to do mine eh? lol

7. patriotpop

patriotpop Addict

Truck:
    94 2wd
    I want to suicide mine as well, just to afraid I'm going to f something up real bad :(
    How muck is this setting you back, and are the drums bigger than what you have now?

8. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...
    new parts look great & so does your buddies project!! :D

9. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Thanks for the comment on the Nissan work,first time doing this mod,it's coming out pretty good !Not drums, this is the front, & the stock rotors are 9.25" w/ a single piston caliper, the Wilwood rotors are 12.9" & the Toyota 4-Runner calipers are 4-piston , only thing is they are heavy,@ 10 lbs. ea. (Wilwood 4-piston calipers are 1.6 lbs. ea.)
    Calipers off E-Bay $163,shipped,pads $43, Wilwood rotors ,hats,& bolts kits,$490,(Carshop.com, best price I could find),brackets, $75 shipped.
    Will be doing a single piston Wilwood caliper,(42mm pistons)that is a e-brake also, w/ a 11.32" drilled / slotted Mustang SVO rotor @ the rear,these bolt right onto the rear hub,once you remove all the drum stuff & backing plate! The rear brackets come from Skybrake.com , & will have to have a 2nd plate made to mount the Wilwood caliper ( a GMC caliper will bolt right up)!:cool:
    Hope this is help to others!!

10. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Hey patriotpop, jump right in & do it, I used the directions from Suicide Doors, the hinge kit is from FBI( the same as Suicide Doors), the first side I ran into a few problems, expected with the first time doing this, the drivers side is going better. Added bracing behind the hinges @ the jam & door pockets.Can send step by step photo's to anyone wanting them,as photoing everything:cool:

11. ChOpPeD~N~DROPped

ChOpPeD~N~DROPped Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Extended cab
    Yea, you should do a writeup, I'm debating on doing suicides or lambo doors on mine, I'm kinda leaning towards lambo doors because they seem a bit easier than suicide doors. Then again I'm liking the challenge of doing the suicide doors.

12. patriotpop

patriotpop Addict

Truck:
    94 2wd
    That would be great a write up with photos attached....how can you go wrong with that going for you!!! :D

13. trap

trap Addict

Truck:
    92 pickup
    lambos suck

Have you ever actually had to get in and out of a car with after market lambo doors? They never ever ever work quite right, I mean they are relatively reliable.. but they never quite fit right, you usually have to trim the corners of the fenders and they usually hit/rub the door jamb...not to mention a pain in the ass to close

I would get a kick out of seeing a autoloc fully motorized kit on some doors in person though

The suicide door hinges with a steel braided or even factory style rubber grommet looks 100x cleaner then a giant bottle opener and a 3 foot wire loom coming out of your door.

The suicide doors will work as smooth as a factory hinge if installed correctly.

14. ChOpPeD~N~DROPped

ChOpPeD~N~DROPped Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Extended cab
    Yes, a guy I know has an S-10 that somebody put a Vertical Doors Inc. kit on and the passenger side works like it should, but the driver side doesn't swing open wide enough so you've gotta squeeze in. But I think whoever installed them was an idiot because that entire truck is a hack job itself.