New owner of 532K+ Mile ‘78 long-bed pickup!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bear, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Bear

Bear Newbie

I recently bought a 532K+ mile ‘78 long-bed pickup from the Original Owner in AZ.
    It has been well maintained & still runs & drives pretty decent!

In the coming weeks I will be relocating this “survivor “ pickup to either my home in CA (SoSF) OR to my property in GA (near Statesboro).

I’ve owned other ‘Yota & Datsun pickups in my days, so I’m fully aware of how dependable & nearly indestructible they are! I’m also a huge fan of vintage Jeeps (I currently have several CJs & an M715 at my GA property)

I have worked as a Mechanical Design Engineer in the Aerospace & Automotive industries for more than 35 years.
    I’ve contributed to the design of many commercial aircraft, business jets, cutting-edge military aircraft, revolutionary telescope designs, & the latest automotive designs (…both ICE & EV).
    In my spare time I have also been active in the amateur racing circuits. Vintage class (Spridgets) racing, autocross, & a short taste of drag strip racing.

I am looking forward to interacting with other early Toyota owners here on this forum.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  2. 83pickup

83pickup Enthusiast

Truck:
    1983 22R Long Bed 5-Speed
    An M715 fan too?! Small world! I'd love to know more about your M715 if you have some time to spare, was thinking about buying one once I get my own business going!!! Also half a million miles, amazing! :eyecrazy: Welcome!

Bear likes this.
  3. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Welcome. If u do bring ur truck to GA, would be awesome to see it in person. One day id like to get a hilux and a stout.