new member 22rte mini

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by blazinrola80, Apr 11, 2008.

1. blazinrola80

blazinrola80 Member

hey fellas i am new to this forum.. i have a 86 turbo pickup.. just piked up from my boy.. the bed is slightly rusted.. other then that shes sweet.. i also come from the 3tc world like pertano.. i am a member of teamtoyminator.. our website is teamtoyminator.org.. check it out my name is steven..

ok i just recently started modifying it.. i ordered belltech 3 in blocks.. beltech shocks.. and beltech spindels.. problem my spindels com in on wendsday.. i already did everything else.. im trying to do the torsion bar set up for now. can any one show me a pic of exactly were it is what i have to do.. so far shes funn todrive.. planning on modding a lil its my dailydriver.. and it is a 22rte automatic i will swap out when tranny goes..

problom 2 what is the mesurement of a center bore on these trucks.. i have some 17s that i thought would fit but didnt. the center bore was to small any ideas to make them fit besides 2 inch adapters...

[​IMG]

2. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...
  3. patriotpop

patriotpop Addict

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Welcome to MINIS!! :D Nice project to have, have fun with it!!

4. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    Hello . . .

Hello and welcome to toyotaminis, glad to see ya here . . . Hella nice platform to start your project, feel free to jump right in . . . As for the centerbore of the hubs . . . It is easy to obtain a measurement from the hub, just measure straight across it, also, make sure to note the depth of the hub center as all wheels are different, also, mind the fact that some wheels are not all hub centric as some are lug centric, and even further some rims dont require hub centric rings although they will probably be offered for an additional price. Tuner rims for example are nice for most applications because they have large openings to fit your hubs ( watch the depth of the hub center as some are shallow. ) My rims ( 5 x 114.3/5 x 100 x 7" & +45 offset ) for example had just short of 1/2" of space all the way around and were of course lug centric. Most sellers if they know what the hell they are talking about will help you with fitment, they will list the common fitments, but also, have custom fitment charts to help you. So, it comes down to what you are looking for and what you can afford, Ebay and Craigslist, as well as, junkyards can be your friends in this. Below are some wheel/tire links to help with measurements and such.

https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit&reset=yes

"Okay I'm done !"

p.s. Thanks for the referral !

:)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  5. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    welcome

6. blazinrola80

blazinrola80 Member

7. blazinrola80

blazinrola80 Member

[​IMG] my old taco..

i want to do a 4x4 fenders and f t bumper with valance.. im going to paint grille today popin hella headlite casings and some hid's remove rear bumper bang out that hit.. install boostgauge.. i do have my alpine 2xdin redy to mount.. but im waiting for the alarm first.. ill lower the front more today probly like 2 in till my ft spindels come in..

[​IMG]

this is my pride and joy.. my 80 corolla im finishing.. 3tc turbo nitrous efi..

8. ChOpPeD~N~DROPped

ChOpPeD~N~DROPped Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Extended cab
    damn right, I'm totally digging the Corolla. You've gotta post some videos of that thing on youtube when you get it finished. Thats gonna be one sikk ride! Digging you truck to man. Throw those 4x4 fenders on it and put some band aids on the bed and it'll be lookin good!

9. blazinrola80

blazinrola80 Member

thanks man exactly what im going to do i actualy got the ft lower just enuff to were when i put the ft spindels it will even out threw in the hella casings.. hid's removed rear bumper.. painted grille black for now.. added boost gauge but its not reading right i think i have a boost leak or vacc leak im at over 30 vac.. i do hear turbo spool.. im going to hit up a few yards try to get a bed.. also i cleaned up the ben... all that junk too the wheels back off next week we are haveing the swap meet at englishtown i hope i find some wheels atleast there.. if not i will settle for adapters.. trying to push out 2 inches since thoes 17 have high offset..

corolla:
    thanks man i have porred every doller and ounce of life i have in to the car its my baby i plan on being done by july.. also the ft wheels are for sale.. i am now going with billit specialties.. 15x8 out bakc 3.5 back sppace. on a 26.5 x8.5 im building the rear end at this point in time i take it step by step.. she will definitly be a youtube whore... i will be happy with a 9.5 in the 1320 but my combinationis made to do 9.3 or less....

10. blazinrola80

blazinrola80 Member

any one know what window switches are interchangeable..? my pass dosnt work only when it wants too.. and were can i get door locks..

11. east1la

east1la Enthusiast

Truck:
    1993 toyota pickup dually
    I love the corolla man.

12. blazinrola80

blazinrola80 Member

thanks man its my pride and joy im loving my mini too.. it my lil parts truk.. ill have new pics soon of the corolla with the new wheel .. i sold thoes ft wheels... and now rear is getting fitted with the 28.5 x 8.5 tires heres pics of the rear rims when i first got them few weks ago.. yea its a 5.5 in ch lip...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. blazinrola80

blazinrola80 Member

question what bumper should i go with i will up load new pics how the truck looks now i was thinking convert ft to 95 bumper.. but i also like the old school one pics but i wasnt a low ft valance..

14. blazinrola80

blazinrola80 Member

i got starion wheels over the week end.... need tires doe..

15. phatmitzu

phatmitzu Veteran

Truck:
    93 Standard Cab 5spd
    Nice! More details about the Corolla!

16. blazinrola80

blazinrola80 Member

i kindof drifted away from the truck been bissy on the corolla.. well its a 3tc efi (microtech) turbo (hx40 pro)bulleye.. nx nirous w58 gearbox for now.. for 9 inch... fully bult puter rods arias pistons.. head by ralphy machin shop in p.r. fully adjustable suspention shaved bay. alot more detail check it out on this web site

http://www.ectoyotas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123

[​IMG]

17. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    These old cars including yours can be fixed up to be so bada*s ! Hella props on the project, definently keep us posted as u move on with either . . .

18. blazinrola80

blazinrola80 Member

thanks bro i defenitly will that car is my life and my truck is my lil hooptie.. that i will fix little by little.. ill shoot some pics maby tomrow if its nice out of the truck its lowerd.. painted stock grille black.. hella e code casings hids.. still have to clean up interior.. made a patch ona bigg rust hole in the bed.. for now at least till i find a decent one.. i also have a set of starion wheels im polishing.. and my exhaust is about to brake a good excuse for me to do a 2.5 exhaust with a apexi world sport muffler i have laying around. free up dat turbo. maby 3 if i fint a ct26 any time soon befor i do it.. i will eventualy do a nice lil set up for it with a t3 5 speed.. head work cam.. injection.. if the motor last if not ill got 1jz..

19. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Sounds great, goodluck with the projects moving forward . . .

20. patriotpop

patriotpop Addict

Truck:
    94 2wd