New Guy on the Board

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 85toy_oldskool, May 5, 2008.

1. 85toy_oldskool

85toy_oldskool Newbie

Hello,

I came across this page as a result of looking for ideas to update my mini truck. My 1985 mini has had a single owner (me) and has over 200, 000 original miles.

1985 22RE EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) Pickup (no extra cab) Long Bed.

Unfortunately, it is starting to get a little worn and I am looking for some ways to update the look, the sound and the performance. I live in Carolina and there does not appear to be the talent or expertise available like in California or Florida. But, I just started looking.

I liked the idea of changing the bench seat to buckets. I may need to do that in order to find a way to get additional speakers in the cab.

In this economy, I need to get the best mileage I can. I have been advised to consider changing the timing chain. But, I need to find someone besides the dealer I can trust who can help me with that. I also wanted to modify the air intake to a cone (if I can) for better airflow.

Anyway, I am glad I found your site and I look forward to getting ideas and tips on improving my ride.

Peace
    oldskool:cool:

2. grounds671

grounds671 Veteran

Truck:
    1995 pickup std
    Welcome aboard toyotamini. post some pics of your truck. always great to see more come out and play. peace

3. patriotpop

patriotpop Addict

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Welcome to MINIS!!

4. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    Well . . . welcome aboard, thanks for taking the time and joining up. Im sure you will find alot of advice and ideas here with the many very active entusiasts sporting newer and cooler mods everyday, feel free to roam about and check us out and ask aways.

5. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...
    Welcome to the site!!