NEW GUY HERE, 1991 Drift build/setup!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by I-OGarage47, Jun 19, 2021.

1. I-OGarage47

I-OGarage47 Newbie

ACCIDENTLY POSTED THIS ON THE WRONG SECTION!

Hows it going guys! been scavenging the site for almost 3 years now, and barely made an account a while back. Figured id share my truck with you guys. its a 91 single cab, short bed 5 speed, bought it off an older gentleman a few years back who used it as a truck to haul to flea markets (veggies and asian items).

after a few months of owning it, i decided to crank the torsions and throw some 4 inch blocks in the rear. that lasted for a total of 4 months before i just couldnt handle the way it rode. after some digging through the interwebz, i decided to pull the trigger on a drop spindle/drop leaf setup, paired with a ball joint flip and some new shocks. This was circa July of 2020 when i took this pic (e36 front bumper, cragar wheels, drop blocks and cranked torsions)
    [​IMG]

fast forward to now, its currently sitting on streetedge front and rear drop spindles/leafs (thats right, no blocks baby!) kyb shocks front and rear (fronts are 344265, rears are 343144) energy suspension sway bar endlinks/bushings, r1 concepts drilled and slotted rotors, new drum and brake in the rear, brand new steering linkages (pitman arm all the way to tie rods) new ball joints all around, plate welded differential, 85 celica gt seats, e36 center console, nrg detachable steering wheel, relocated battery to cabin (behind passenger seat), 85 celica gt air box (goes in place of the battery, ditches the long snorkel of an intake), and brand new driveshaft with u joints. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    got a few mods in the works for it, currently finishing up a 5mge afm swap, hydro ebrake install, full stainless exhaust with ebay header (i refinished the tig welds and deleted the primary o2 bung, checked mating surface and ensured its nice and flat) poly engine mounts, traction bars, currently working on retrofitting a sway bar off a super common truck to use with ours, and a few others id rather show once finished instead of talk about.

ALSO INCASE ANYONE WAS WONDERING, YES THAT IS A BMW E36 M3 FRONT BUMPER. REGULAR E36 3 SERIES BUMPERS FIT! BREAK OUT YOUR ZIPTIES THO LOL!

let me know what you guys think!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    Erwin Merida likes this.
  2. I-OGarage47

I-OGarage47 Newbie

BTW, I do slide this truck, not just a hard parker. going to be driving this at its first track event on the 18th of july!!

Erwin Merida likes this.
  3. Justin Danger

Justin Danger Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1986 Toyota Xtra cab SR5 Turbo 22rte
    Wow, lot of work dude! Sounds like a lot of fun.

What NRG hub did you use? How far out does it stick towards you?

4. I-OGarage47

I-OGarage47 Newbie

i went with the short hub adapter for mr2! my nrg wheel was a christmas gift so im not to sure of the offset, but i can still reach my turn signals/wipers just fine!

5. Justin Danger

Justin Danger Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1986 Toyota Xtra cab SR5 Turbo 22rte
    Ah, totally. I had a '74 fiat wheel for a while that had no dish, and i would hit the wipers every time I turned left.

Thats good to know, I think a lot of the older yotas shared the same steering shaft spline count.

Do you have any plans for engine work besides the AFM upgrade and relocation?

6. I-OGarage47

I-OGarage47 Newbie

yeah, i actually have an 85 celica gt i pulled the 22re out of to swap in a 1uz, im currently in the works of tearing down the old 22re and building it up for a bit more streetability. but tbh im planning on also 1uz swapping my truck in the future, got a z32 5 speed with adapter kit ive been saving for this!

7. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Sick truck. Welcome aboard.

8. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome aboard