Need RH bed flare and A/C setup 82 SR5 4x4

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by brs82, Mar 28, 2013.

1. brs82

brs82 Newbie

Truck:
    1982 SR5 4x4
    Hi All, Newbie here. I have owned a 82 SR5 4x4 for over 20 years and it is my work and pleasure vehicle. I have decided rather than buy a newer truck, I am going to restore the 82. It will be going in for new paint in a couple weeks and the only replacement body piece I need (that gets painted) is the passenger side rear rubber/plastic fender flare. Mine is broken (still have the broken off piece) and I would rather get a replacement than repair mine (how would one go about repairing one?). I have found all new trim and rubber (genuine Toyota) to make it look showroom new again.
    One addition I would like to make to this truck is a complete factory air conditioning system.
    If anybody out there can help me with these items please let me know.
    The flare is the most important item right now since it is going into the paint shop. The A/C is most likely going to be harder to find but I have time and patience for that.
    Thanks in advance for any help or leads. Paul

2. Tuhd The Troll

Tuhd The Troll Veteran

Truck:
    1982 SR5
    These guys have replacement parts. Not the cheapest, but arguably the most complete selection for that generation of pickups. Probably cheaper than getting it through your local Toyota dealer's parts counter.

Toyota Parts Overstock

The fender flare won't be called a fender flare. You'll be looking for a rear wheel opening extension

3. 1982rn34

1982rn34 Addict

Truck:
    1982 SR5 RN34
    Good luck with your search on finding parts. OEM parts are getting harder & harder to find especially when Toyota discontinues them. You may need to go to a wrecking yard (Pick 'n Pull on Mowry) or you can call the Toyota Truck Dismantlers here in San Jose.

4. Salty

Salty Enthusiast

Im a few hours east from you and i have a straight 79 2wd bed. for 100 shoot me an email if your interested. [email protected]