Low Profile Front & Rear Bumps Stops / Lowered Trucks

Discussion in 'Parts and Accessories' started by Beefed Taco, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

Here's my alternative to running nothing, or chopping stock bump stops on lowered trucks. They use Energy super slim button style bumps for quality, and are tried and true. The fronts are a new design, but the rears have been in my lowering kits for a couple years now. They even hold up on trucks that should have a c-notch. Overall height is 5/8". PM for details if interested. These are also available on my website with shipping included by clicking my sig below. :waytogo:

Front

[​IMG]

Rear

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Erwin Merida likes this.
  2. jctoy29

jctoy29 Addict

Truck:
    1993 toyota standard cab short bed
    how much they go for?

3. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    yep, ive been thinking of buying some recently since my cut rear ones deffently bottum out really quick with the bike in the rear..if anything i still would rather have these..

4. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

Thanks for the question. Here's your info. :waytogo:

front $38.95 pair

rear $34.95 pair

It sounds like you need a c-notch or a trailer for the bike. I don't think these will cure the bottoming with the bike. What is the overall height of the ones you use now?

5. trap

trap Addict

Truck:
    92 pickup
    I have had these in the rear for a while now, I am very happy with them.

6. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

Hey thanks for the nice post Joe! I'm glad you're happy with them. I stand behind all my products 100%. These are available by clicking my sig below, I just added them to my site. Listed price on the website includes shipping with a delivery #. ($7.80):waytogo:

7. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    they are maybe an inch. i know it wont complete fix the problem, but they will give the shocks alittle more room. i am also planning on puttin on a rear sway bar, it will help alittle. Either way i still would like them, even when the bike isnt in the rear..

8. Comrade_Charlie

Comrade_Charlie Veteran

Truck:
    1973 Hilux
    these fit 70 hiluxs?

9. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

If they look like the ones in the pics, my guess is yes, they'll fit. Seems bump stops are the 1 thing Toyota kept the same for a while. They changed the front ones in 95.5 and went to ones with 1 bolt, but the rears stayed the same up till 04. These are replacement fronts pictured, and use metric hardware so no need to grab an American socket and a 12mm....just the 12mm. (same as stock) :waytogo:

refer to the first pic in this thread to see a OEM front one and see if it looks like your 70 luxs'.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  10. Comrade_Charlie

Comrade_Charlie Veteran

Truck:
    1973 Hilux
    Alright, Ill have to look at how much room I have once my truck is where I want it, then ill decide if I want these.

Thanks!

11. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

Bump!

I'd love to make another set of these. Frinzo bought some but I'm not sure if he's installed them yet. I have had 2 dudes here on TM order them and haven't heard back from them, so that's a good sign. :) These will hold up I promise. They're much better & cleaner looking than chopping down stockers. :waytogo:

12. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Hey Beef,

i havent had time to install them, as i have been outta town for almost 2 months for military, im just getting home and i will be leaving agian in like 5 days. when i get them installed i will post up for ya! just looking at them, i can say they deffently arent cheaply made...

13. trap

trap Addict

Truck:
    92 pickup
    These are great. I only had one problem,.... the inner fender.

14. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    considering how they install, you may be able to shim the bottom of the bumps with a couple washers to have them stop the travel just short of rubbing hard on your inner fender well..... :waytogo:

15. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

Good point Alex. It may also be the height of the tire he's using. I can attach any style of bump on there, and the ones I use aren't commonly found in stores unless special ordered. I can switch these early Yota fronts to the ever so slightly taller button style. (just like these but slightly taller) But it will only be a difference of about 1/8".

16. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

Bumpity bump for the bumps. :waytogo:

17. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    ok, just installed the bump stops i got from Beefed taco. Front fit perfect. and the rear fit just fine also. Im attaching some pics of the fronts install on my 86 toyota. I will probly be ording more later for my other truck. I wont be driving with them on for about another month as im waiting on motor parts for this truck, ones i drive with them for a bit i will comment on them agian. Thanks agian Beefed Taco!

This 86 has a 3/4 drop, Kyb front shocks and monroe 1 ton spring adjust shocks on the rear on it FYI...

ok heres the pics (the stock one sorta sucks, but i couldnt get any better pics..)

Stock Bump Stop-
    [​IMG]
    Beefed Taco's Front Bump Stops-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. trap

trap Addict

Truck:
    92 pickup
    im sure the engineers at toyota never imagined people would lower these trucks 4-5 inches and then then put 18x8 inch wheels and low profile tires on.

I have a sawzall and a welder, I know how to fix it :evil:

19. mprtftr

mprtftr Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Reg Cab
    Beefed, I know this post is about the bump stops but I do have a question about another part available on your website. The hitch that you sell that works behind the fold down license plate roll pans... will that work on the 89 - 95 trucks or just on the Tacos? Reason I ask is because like Frinzo I have a bike that I sometimes put in the bed and I don't want to have to worry about bottoming out once I lower the truck.

20. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

Thanks for posting Frinzo! :waytogo:

The frame width on the Taco's is like 41-1/4" or so, and if I remember correctly, the earlier Yota's are narrower. I'd love to have the stealth hitch available for you guys too. I currently have 2 I need to build to fill a couple orders. What I can do is get one of your guys' trucks and make the first one and then jig it up. I'm a firm believer that if you haul a bike and want to be low, a trailer is THE ONLY way to fly! Getting the weight out of the truck and on a trailer, with your gear bags in the bed is the best way to go for sure!

Attached Files: