Looking for Help Identifying a Wheel

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by Raymond Fast, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Raymond Fast

Raymond Fast Newbie

Truck:
    1982 Toyota Pickup Delux
    I have a 1982 Toyota Pickup Delux with the following specs:
    Manufacturing date: 9/81
    Drive: 2WD
    Engine: 22R
    Transmission: W50 5-speed manual
    F302 (7.5", 3.73)

I bought this truck about 13 years ago and know very little of its history before that. It had no spare. The four wheels it did/does have all match, but I have no idea if they are the original wheels. I can find no part number or manufacturer designation on the wheels at all. I bought a similar Toyota wheel to use as a spare, but it's not an exact match and I can't use it on the front because the center bore is slightly too small. I'm looking for a wheel to match the four on the ground, but I don't know what I'm looking for because I have no part number and I'm not sure if I can go by the make/model of my truck.

I've measured the wheels I'm trying to match. These are the specs according to those measurements.
    Diameter: 14"
    Width: 5"
    Lug pattern: 5x4.5"/114.3mm
    Offset: ET35
    Center bore: 67mm

Beside the specs listed above, the wheels I'm trying to match are characterized by a groove around the outside diameter of the center bore that the center cap snaps onto. (See pictures.)

If anyone has any information that will help me find a match for these wheels that I can use as a spare, I would surely appreciate it!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Erwin Merida likes this.
  2. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Nice center caps. Someone outa chime in shortly with an answer.. there are a lot of different 'steel' wheels for toyota so be patient, and it'll show up!

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Have you pulled them off before? They dont look like theyre sitting right to be honest. There arent enough threads coming thru the lugnuts.

4. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    Toyota factory wheels will have a stock number and other identifying marks stamped into the steel wheel itself. Check the bead area on the outside (both front and back. A small wire brush will help.
    If no luck there, dismount a tire and check inside the wheel. There will be an ID somewhere.

5. Liquidhandwash

Liquidhandwash Enthusiast

Truck:
    1980 diesel
    Ive got a stack of hilux wheels and there are a number of variations, they all look pretty much the same but some have lugs for hub caps, some have 9 holes some have 12 some have ovals. It is definitely a hilux wheel as I have 2 that are identical my best guess it the they are off a late 3rd or 4 generation 1980-1988
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Hilux

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021