Long time...

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Frinzo, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Hey every1,

Its been awhile since i posted up here, just wanted to stop by and see how everyones rides are coming along. Me, the truck isnt running and hasnt been for awhile now, lost interest so i let it sit. Good friend of mine has bugged me enough to get it running agian, so im towing it to my new place to start workin on it agian. But until that truck is on the road, im buying me a 86 ext cab 22R-TE truck today. will get those pics up sometime later.. Other than that ive bought 2 bikes ( in my sig) and i will most likely post some pics of those up at the same time.. But lets see ur trucks and what u got planned for the "winter" season..

2. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    Hey man glad to see you online again, cant wait to see what your getting into now, looking forward to your progress . . . As for me, the trucks all air ride with lots of toys thrills and chills, more pics in my thread, but Ill show ya where Im at now! As for projects, fiberglass enclosure for subs and bucket seats and nitrogen and paint in the spring and of course detail work . . . Cya around . . .

[​IMG]

:eek:

3. ShoNuff

ShoNuff Toyotaholic

Truck:
    75 hilux, 80 4x4
    this is a photoshop of the reality within weeks
    [​IMG]

so chompin at the bit but low on cash atm

on the winter project list is:

SC'd wagon fuel lines
    new motor for the celica
    weld 200lbs of steel to the 4x4 and swap in 4:38's
    build my model celica RC car
    finish making a 79 XL185 honda dual sport.

4. patriotpop

patriotpop Addict

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Welcome back :D

5. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Here are the pics of the new truck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For the most part its in good shape. the things im going to do to 2 it is to just get the body fixed up and rattle canned. Maybe go ahead and put 4x4 front fenders on since the left is damaged, and then lower it. drop spindles and 3" drop blocks for the rear, as i will be using this truck to transport my bikes around. from there just keep her running.

And here is a pic of my other 2 toys i have done stuff to both since this photo, but the HD just locked her motor up. still fighting HD on it..

[​IMG]

6. patriotpop

patriotpop Addict

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Nice good project truck!!!

7. B.Y.E.

B.Y.E. Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1982 2wd Hilux
    Let me know if your gonna sell those stock wheels on the new truck... :cool:

nice bikes btw... oh and truck too!

8. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Update

ok guys/gals,
    here is where my Motorcycle Hualer (MC) is at...

Stock (except the 4x4 fenders)
    [​IMG]

Dropped
    [​IMG]

Also here is a pics of the stock shock next to a load adjuster shock. The load adjuster are from the 1st gens (2nd production yrs)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So as u can see the load adjusters are about 3" shorter than stock. I have not driven, since i just finished this tonight, but once i get enough miles on them i can tell u how they ride. Also i have these on my N/A Truck also but i have a rear sway bar on that truck so it is alot more stiff then this is.. hope this helps

Comments welcomed! :D

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  9. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Addict

I can't wait to see this truck encounter some nice changes here! Glad you are getting back into it. Hard work ALWAYS pays off.....(like when you're cruising next to a stock one and see them lookin') :waytogo: Those shocks are a trip, and a OEM item, wow.

10. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Yea, i found these back when i worked for Advance auto, i only found these becuase i was bored. I can post up the part # if someone wants them..

Now the only thing im waitin on is the ball joints..that and i have to figure what to do about the rims now, i noticed that the passenger side is rubbing, ok the rim isnt but the wheel weight is :( so i think i will get my spare set of steelies out and use those and put these rims on my N/A truck.. now i got to find a welder to fix the bed and fill in the holes from the trim on the bottum..then i can get the body work done :) then this truck is done for a bit. Other than that i need to decided on exhuast setup. Out the rear or stock setup or dump before axle...hmm, this is whats really holdin it up for getting state inspected :p

11. Sound.Vision.Soul

Sound.Vision.Soul Toyotaholic

Truck:
    93 Pick up I6 Turbo
    Hey man good to see your back! Love the base to start with. Very clean looking with los of potential! Cant wait to see the update pics!

12. Megaglow_Z

Megaglow_Z Addict

Truck:
    81 long-bed goodness

wants......please post!
    I just busted one of mine...lol

13. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    Nice to see you hanging around again, goodluck with the projects. . .

14. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    ok these are Monroe (sensatrac) part # 58486 ST. if this doesnt pull up in the system have the person look under a 80 toyota pickup if i remember this will also pull it up. Just make sure they click on the load adjusters and not just the regular shocks. Hope this helps :)

Also thanks for the comments, this place is awesome for support!..i just needed a break from my Speedy (N/A truck) and i wanted to drive a truck, the geo's nice but man, i missed my truck :( and considerin all the stuff i did to Speedy's motor its not a daily anymore. So this is my truck to drive :)