Lce Headers Question fitment for a 1981 toyota pickup 2wd 22r

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by Ryan99, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Ryan99

Ryan99 Newbie

Truck:
    81 yota pickup
    Question: Has anybody put an Lce header in their 1981 toyota pickup. On Lce's website they wrote that they cant quote any fitment for 1981 2wd models. Is there a difference between an 81 to an 82 and up or are they bullshitting bout fitment?? My specs is a 5 speed w50 swap if that makes any difference and has the original 22r engine. And California spec

Verbatim: "NOTE: We cannot quote fitment to any chassis before 1982. This header kit is for 82-84 2 Wheel drive trucks auto and manual transmissions, and includes an adjustable connector pipe that will connect to most factory catalytic converter."

I've been eyeing this header ever since I purchased my truck any knowledge would be helpful thanks

2. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Not a 81, but I have there header on on 88 2wd w/ 22RE, (engine is there stage 1 22EFI )stock trans was a W55,now a W58
    No problems

3. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    They give you a few measurements you can use to get an idea. Kind of surprised the cut off is so late though knowing the frame rails got wider after 75. The shorty will be you best shot at fitting. The flow tech or headman are good alternatives that have been used on these trucks.