"Lady Magic"

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by 97Diesel, Aug 22, 2008.

1. 97Diesel

97Diesel Newbie

Truck:
    88 single cab short bed
    Here is my truck after 7 cans of krylon ultra-flat spray paint. i'm thinking about lowering it, what would you guys suggest? i've looked at the 3/4 drop from DJM, and thought about just buying blocks for the rear and de-cranking the torsion blocks... what would you guys suggest for a super slammed look? ride quality isn't super important being as i'm young, but if allowed i wouldn't mind some sort of ride quality...

[​IMG]

oh yeah, and the truck's name is "lady magic"

2. burnzya

burnzya Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bodied 73 hilux
    for a true super slammed look you should bag it. a leveraged rear suspension will give you a nice ride.

3. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    . . . how true that is. The reverse 4link on mine gives me the ability to choose on height of ride, plus, if I go down the highway, I can air it out a lil to smooth it up without being all washboardy ( <---official word ). My static 3" drop was hella nice to be low, but the ride was far from nice, true it was low! The main difference I noticed with the front of my truck when I had just 2" drop spindles was the cornering, I could take corners alote better because of the lowered center of gravity. If I were you, crank your torsions a lil and install some drop blocks, ride it around and see how you like it, worst come to worst, all you did is completely reversable. . . Goodluck, keep us posted.

4. Predracer

Predracer Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Long bed 80 2rz turbo machine
    Looks good. But if you want the true "murdered out" look you gotta hit the door handles and the trim around the window. I like it though.

5. Predracer

Predracer Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Long bed 80 2rz turbo machine
    Scratch that. I just read your post in the murdered out topic lol

6. 97Diesel

97Diesel Newbie

Truck:
    88 single cab short bed
    yeah, part of me wants to finish the murderization (<---- real word, it means "to murderize" haha) but the chrome on the handles seems too nice to spray paint and the paint will chip off anyways like it did on my bumper. but i do want to finish it out, tint the windows to like 15% tint and give it a couple more coats of the flat blackness.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  7. 97Diesel

97Diesel Newbie

Truck:
    88 single cab short bed
    oh, and if i go low will it be required to add 4x4 fenders? i mean i want to anyway but if i'm just tryin it out will i be able to do so without chewin up my good tires?

8. grounds671

grounds671 Veteran

Truck:
    1995 pickup std

no you dont need 4x4 fenders! its more of a nice look though and it also gives you more wheel options if im correct?

9. Yodaforce

Yodaforce Member

First off, save some money and get some wheels, that way, you'll know how low you can go and still actually TURN the front tires side to side. 4x4 fenders will give a little more room to turn, but not a whole lot. Most people with bags run those fenders so they can get the wheels and tires to tuck further up and still roll straight. I'm sure you've noticed the bagged trucks rolling around with the nose way up in the air and the rear dragging, well that's because turning becomes an issue when the wheels tuck in the front. I understand your excitement , but you should really just static drop it a few inches (no tuck), drive and save, get some wheels and tires, maybe then you can drop it a little bit more, and if you really want to get low, you'll have to go with an adjustable suspension like bags or hydros. Back in the days we could lay frame with a static drop, but still turn our front wheels because we only had 15" wheels and 195/50-15's available. Now, if you want 18-20's, they will tuck but hit the front fenders when you turn. Many considerations grasshopper! Also, check my "murdered" reply in the other post reguarding your Krylon paintjob.