kenwood kdc-mp538u

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by toyotarnfreak, Dec 24, 2009.

1. toyotarnfreak

toyotarnfreak Member

Truck:
    89 std cab
    hey guys i have this head unit that every time i pull the dash to wire up,,, say,, my cigg lighter it gets pissy. i mean when i put the dash back together and turn the cd player on it gets heavy distortion when i play it above a certain level but when i turn it down it goes right back to crystal clear. anyone come across something similar? oh yea, i went and had a shop look at it they said to make sure the head unit had a proper ground. then if it is to check the speakers.

2. krazedprof

krazedprof Addict

Truck:
    1991 reg cab & 1994 4runner
    it sounds like your grounding out somewhere or you have a speaker wire hitting metal or being pinched somewhere

3. toyotarnfreak

toyotarnfreak Member

Truck:
    89 std cab
    i checked over the speakers and re insulated their terminals, then i played the speakers and still a problem. so i checked the wiring harness on the headunit everything looked fine still a problem, so i jiggled the splices that some genius wired a new connector on the trucks harness and the speakers faded and glitched so i guess ill be soldering the wiring harness once i figure out which wires are what. anyone have a reference of what color wires are what??:shrug:

4. nvrenufedge

nvrenufedge Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bagged '93 std cab
    oh, man! I just had mine pulled the other day to install a hidden amplified antenna. Not sure on the colors off the top of my head.

5. toyotarnfreak

toyotarnfreak Member

Truck:
    89 std cab
    any one know the diagram or just what color represents what on the wiring harness??